Elevator Forum

330a inverted jacks...
 
Notifications
Clear all

330a inverted jacks - constant leak

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,456 Views
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34453]
So we have a set of 330’s that we have been repkacing the packings every two years on. Last time we pulled the jacks out of the shaft and went over and filled any defects in the pistons, with the Texacone kit. That set only lasted 6 months what on earth am I doing wrong ?



   
Quote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I told our sales department to bid these hydros like traction elevators. Lots of maintenance and repair time. Finding ones that don’t leak would be amazing. It comes down to use how long packaging last but even low use needed repack every 2 years.



   
ReplyQuote
(@LCntryLife)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Who’s packing are you using when your replacing them?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hope&Poke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Texacone



   
ReplyQuote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What kind of hydro oil are using on the tank ?



   
ReplyQuote
 Jm21
(@Jm21)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Use adams packing and make sure you have the installation kit which helps when putting back the packings, and use alot of vaseline...no joke it helps ton especially if you dont have the kit



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks all,
I’ve Used both Gorman and Texcones, the texcone 700 series seems to last the longest.
I always pull the jacks out of the shaft and work on them on stands , so the kit dormant do me any good. I like to pull them out for shaft so I can actually inspect the pistons in there entirely. We get two days labor to do it so I’m not in a rush.
I’m actually doing a set tmrw , I’ll try the vasoline, but I normally use the green line from Texcone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well the bad online made the install much easier than the green slime. But guess what leaking again . I’m at Witt’s end with these things. Left jacks were great 3 weeks ago , right ones were leaking pretty bad on the large stage. We replaced just them. Now the left jacks are leaking .

We purged all the oil out of the system and put in new oil (the tractor oil they want ) go over each piston for any damage (none found as we just went over them a year ago) we run nylons up and down to ensue nothing will damage the packings .



   
ReplyQuote
 mbke
(@mbke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You have to REPLACE DL MARTIN jacks. The pistons diameter believe it or not get smaller through the heavy pressures . This the only way your going to fix this. However you are just start the time clock over again . It will leak again!!



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Citgo Transguard THF

Do you have a bur anywhere on the piston causing it to fail pre maturely?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by mbke
You have to REPLACE DL MARTIN jacks. The pistons diameter believe it or not get smaller through the heavy pressures . This the only way your going to fix this. However you are just start the time clock over again . It will leak again!!

What is DL Martin Jacks? Is that a replacement jack?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
DL Martin manufactures the jacks Schindler installs.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top