Elevator Forum

Rants, Rages, and g...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Rants, Rages, and general stress b****ing

51 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
127.4 K Views
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
What is it with people having sex in an elevator?.

I just fixed the last problem in the group controller in a 4 bank of neglected dovers. I was on my way out for the day checking the cars one last time and the number 1 car stops about 2 foot or so above the first floor. I heard the arrival ding but no doors? So in a panic I open the door to the elevator to see if anyone was trapped and there was a very old and I mean old, nurse and a porter just banging away. I knew these two from around the hospital. Let's just say we were all embarrassed. But none more than the 60 year old nurse pulling here panties up in a shameful rush. And the porter running down the hallway trying to put away and hide a boner. It was 4:00 on a Friday so the 4 bank lobby was full of people. Glad it wasn't my grandparents. EWWW was most definitely the words that came to my mind. Oh yeah and they were both married, just not to each other. Neither of them could look me in the eyes for a while. I so wanted to just "bark like a dog" every time I saw one of them

Last edited by aquadag; 08/22/13 03:39 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I love it when you have an elevator down in a bank and someone (almost always a women) runs up hits the button looks at their watch and then snarls at you thanks now I will be late to work. Now that is cutting it close.. Had a buddy that had all his barricades up and the steps removed on an escalator. He is bent over working and hears a noise and looks up and here comes a guys with his suitcase.(this was at the airport)balancing from step axel to axel down the unit!!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@rollaway-up)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Greenpants awesome you nailed that. Generic public comments are so awesome

"bet your job has a lot of ups and downs" good one, never heard that one before
"is this safe to ride?" you and 3 other people are in the car
"this elevator is broken again" havent been to the building in months
"im not going to hurt you if i push this button, right?" push before answer

Cant forget about the people who have been in an elevator or saw one that "free fell"
and also
"cant you guys do this at night?" sign here please

I do get this one retired engineer a few times a year that watches me oil my escalators and is still waiting for me to start lubricating them with water. yep, he once kept a whole factory running on water instead of oil. Has done many experiments and published some papers at the University. Hes not the usual escalator loiterer tho, he would have definitely fooled me had it not been for the obvious.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i forgot the "cant you do this at night?" comments. i always reply to those with the standard "can't you walk the stairs?" or "sorry for the inconvenience. ill just leave this elevator down until the night guy shows up" and start to put my tool away.



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
...My two favorites call for emergency entrapment..while you are rushing to get there ..fifeteen minutes later they cancel the call got the people out ..no service needed till am..or better yet they call and all the elevators are not working..unless there is a power problem or fire service issue..you know this is only a ploy to get you there faster..how many times do you fall for this one...definitely not worth risking your life racing to a call..



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Lets not forget the 3AM wake up call from the answering service telling you about the broken elevator that they don't want worked on till the next morning!!!!!!



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ooo-good one Dan-"They just want first thing, am service" That call made use to make me so angry I could'nt get back to sleep!



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When the answering service calls and says the customer says my eta is unsatisfactory.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When I was at the big K-I got a call one night, about 2am. I live in the DFW area and the call was in Washington state-they wanted an ETA, I told the Lady "well, its probably about two days" She didnt like that "I'll have to call your supervisor, thats just unacceptable"



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: E311
When I was at the big K-I got a call one night, about 2am. I live in the DFW area and the call was in Washington state-they wanted an ETA, I told the Lady "well, its probably about two days" She didnt like that "I'll have to call your supervisor, thats just unacceptable"

Haha this happened to me. Got a call to a job, went and had a look but it was ok on arrival. Then had another call a hour later that said the lift is still out, which I said was ok when I checked it so again I went and it was still running. I rang back and the call centre called the client, which she said she was standing in front of the lift which was still down. I then twigged that they have got the address wrong and said are you sure its the Melbourne address? silence then ah no actually Dandenong hence the confusion!! Same address wrong suburb!



   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Getting a little tired of the classic; How come the other guy didn't fix it?

I just want to say, how the f should I know, and throw in the disclaimer that it might break again. I find the customers who usually use this line, have the oldest, most run down equipment yet expect flawless operation from it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Or they want your personal guarantee that it is fixed. I tell them Midas is the only one I know that guarantee.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: danzeitz
Or they want your personal guarantee that it is fixed. I tell them Midas is the only one I know that guarantee.

haha I agree. We have a tool company here, Sidchrome, who used to offer a lifetime guarantee on its socket sets, so I used to say unfortunately if want a guarantee buy a sidchrome socket set!! They didn't get the joke most of the time!



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
A new one I'm getting lately is when I lose a relay or module the building owner wants to know why no preventive maintenance was performed to prevent this shut down.

I pointed a light bulb and said can you tell me when that bulb will quit working, his answer was no. Any electrical component can go out any time. We do perform controller maintenance and tighten all connections, ohm out all contacts on relays and check the resistance on the coils of the contactors but that only tells me so much. He was not amused by my explanation.



   
ReplyQuote
(@maynd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Classic corporate people that dont say hello or good morning when they pass by you, but come cry on our knees as soon as you put the out of order sign. Nothing amuses more 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share:
Scroll to Top