Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Westinghouse ERL

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
18.8 K Views
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4752]
Just got a westinghouse job dropped in my lap. I block up EA, EAA, which places the car on ind service. My 45 Relay works accordingly. With it on auto I cannot get the doors to close. Looking at this print it looks like the feed comes thru 60 contacts 14. But 60 the 14 contacts are not there. They have been removed. I have a generic print so any wiring changes I wouldnt have a clue. But on Auto the doors will not close. On this print there are no Contacts with EA or EAA invovled that would change my situation. Eb either falls in or falls out when I get it on IND. but there are not contacts on that relay in this circuit. Any Westinghouse heads can help me? Heard this was a difficult circuit to troubleshoot.



   
Quote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
44 = door open
44A = door open limit
43 = door close.....

Somewhere in there lies the issue.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Looks like 44a has been updated to a icecube relay



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ON westinghouse controller see if STE relay is up or out this controls both Door Open and Door Detectors or if you still have safety edges...also check operation of the 72T timer relay this has a tendency to hang-up and not drop out to allow the 45s and 43 door close operation to work...common problem with both ERL/Hydro,s......money in the bank...



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks i really think you for the help. STE is working good and my helper step inside the car and back in, STEA works in secuence, the 72T timer i havent checked.



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry guy..I didn,t relize till after I signed off I gave you the wrong Number It is actually 70T relay which drops out timed thru the 70tc capacitor network via the DTT door timing card..had a problem recently on a call found a broken ladder on the 70t which would not allow the doors to close...



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok 70t is in the cicuit so thats where ill start in the morning thanks for your help



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
70T 21 will hang up. Do you see a TREA relay?



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Found the problem, bad switch in the lobby panel. Wasn't letting my 980 replays to get up. Thanks for the help



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My Lobby panel switch picks TRE and TREA, it has burned a many of mechanics that came out in the middle of the night, fixed the car but couldn't get the doors to close afterwards. I suspect you have a TREA relay? Kind of a Lobby shutdown/attendant service feature. 980's are Master In Service relays, so good find.

Last edited by E-man; 10/05/12 08:03 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ditto E man..Good find.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah, I do have a TRE and TREA.......Comming from a Otis ab b base, dover composite, and fuji old equiptment back ground its interesting to see this stuff in action.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My TRE's are up away from the EA's in the controller, hard to find and away from all the main relays.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did your salesman put you in "another" bad position? Been there, if that's the case, I think that the shiny shoed salesman should have to be the helper till the unit is in serviceable condition. Or the salesman does not get commission until the unit is running. These guys piss me off when they sell junk and expect miracles. Good luck!



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No salesman didnt put me into another bad position, I've just taken on 3 more high rise buildings on my route. With Westinghouse in the garages and one garage has a rotatry dover hydro in it. Most of the passenger cars in the building are Swift futura and Swift 5000. One building has MiProm 21 which is another controller I have limited experiance with. But Ill figure it out



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top