Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Victualic 177

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,141 Views
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39961]
Has anyone used these instead of the standard 77 victualic couplings? seems like a nice feature that the pipes butt up to the rubber gasket, but maybe a concern if the gasket failed? was picking some 77 couplings up today and was asked why we aren't using the 177 instead. they install easier from the videos I've watched. the coupling stays together and you just slide the pipe in and tighten. I think they are the same price or cheaper than the 77...



   
Quote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have used the 177 type and I do not like them. The gasket is kind loose on the pipe so it won't stay in place on its own. When youre changing them on a vertical run it feels like you need 3 hands to install them. And the gaskets for the 77 are different and not interchangeable to the 177 so now you'd have to stock 2 different gaskets per pipe size. Im sure they're fine and work wonderful and I'm just set in my ways but I'm just not a fan



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Bore-Max/Vantage use the 177 on the outlet pipe on their pumping units. I was skeptical at first but I haven't had any leaks with them yet. Figured they helped a little with isolation also. I use 77's for the rest of my oil lines. If I ever do have a problem with the gasket, I'll just put a 77 on it. Like Rooster said, it's loose when you put it on the pipe and you're thinking that it definitely is going to leak when pressured up.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The 177 you'll see a lot from pump to valve or on the oil line return if it has a metal pipe because when you tighten them down the hold tight and the 77 have a little wiggle to them until under pressure.



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
thank you for the replies, this is the kind of feedback I was looking for. sounds like they work but probably best to stick with the 77 for simplicity. the area I operate in finding any victualic locally is a few days to a week wait. I usually keep a dozen 77 2" rubbers on hand but wouldn't be a big deal to keep a dozen 177s couplers i guess if I wanted to try them



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I can't seem to beat KONE Spares price for vic gaskets.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top