Elevator Forum

Video Monitoring 20...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Video Monitoring 2019 code

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,925 Views
(@CHKVTR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39946]
Hi, I work for an smaller company and a building wants us to take over maintenance of their Otis 211 hydro's. One of them was moded recently under the A17.1/B442019 code and has the video monitoring and 2 way communication on it with Otis system. Does anyone know if the Otis system can be reprogrammed to a different monitoring center similar to their phones? Or do we just have to tell the customer if they switch maintenance over they will have to retrofit the monitoring system to non proprietary.

Does anyone know if there other big companies (TK, Schindler, KONE) systems are able to be reprogrammed as well. I was told by a KONE adjuster here that everything comes preprogrammed and they don't get any information about it. It will make things a lot more difficult for buildings with all the new installations and mod's having these systems in it if they can't be reprogrammed.

Any help or info would be much appreciated.



   
Quote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Both TK and Schindler use DMB (MAD), which is generic.



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
KONE has a proprietary system, from what I understand if KONE loses the contract the next elevator company or customer can pay KONE to reroute the calls/video to their call center.

You can try to reach out to KingsIII I believe they were working something out to be able to monitor KONE’s new EVC stuff.

I get having proprietary control systems etc but emergency communication?!? In my opinion that has crossed the line. Unfortunately someone is going to have to die or get seriously hurt for something to change.

I’m sure rath or someone will have a retro system but you have to cut the COP add your own cameras / devices etc.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CHKVTR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok, thanks alot. Thats good to know that the TK and Schindler systems are with MAD. We have installed a few with the MAD and Emmercom systems so are familiar with it. There is another smaller company in town that took over some Otis units and had the customer pay to change it over to Emmercom. Some customers might find that to expensive though and stick with the current service provider.

I find it a bit ridiculous as well and have talked with our AHJ about it before as some of KONE's phones you need to change the RIF board with a pre programmed number to change it, when the customer changes companies they make it inoperable. The AHJ reached out to them and they get away with it because the phone is considered an emergency device and not a safety device which they can not make inoperable.

Thanks for the info though. I will reach out to KingsIII to find out in advance if we come across any of those units that want to switch service provider.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top