Elevator Forum

TK MRL Recurrent Fa...
 
Notifications
Clear all

TK MRL Recurrent Fault

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,688 Views
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#37055]
I got a hydro TK MRL very temperamental. Got me two entrapments on the same week. I keep getting fault 1040 watchdog closing failure DCL is not closing in the expected time interval. I already checked my gate, switch and door closing limit and my door locks. I even change the base contact locks but the elevator keeps shutting down. Any ideas?



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What kind of operator?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check nudging operation too. Make sure it doesn't happen when someone holds the doors too long



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Make sure you’re checking for faults in the door operator from the door IO and faults window. There isn’t a specific controller fault that tells you there’s a fault in the door operator. If the door faults and shuts down you’ll only see watchdog faults in IMS. The door fault will give you something more specific to go on.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Could be a bad door motor?



   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It's a MIDI-Series Wittur operator. Didn't have the IMS tool on hand yesterday. Will be on-site today for further diagnostics. I did see more faults come in since I got an emergency call last night. Fault 1068(JRS shutdown) and 1095(dual post rack error). I know these MRL are notorious for jack resync problems and they have a timer to resync. I did an FRJ command but I want if there a way for this to happen less frequently.



   
ReplyQuote
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a similar problem last year, the watch dog trips, the door operator kills itself and the doors close because of the spirator, causing a trap, ended up being the door operator motor, there was one bad spot on it, got a new one, hasn’t happened again

Last edited by UnkindBuffalo; 03/15/24 06:59 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
sounds exactly like the problem i have it was last thing to rule out but I will change the motor If need be



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do a wjr to see why and how many times. It's syncing. Is it static or dynamic?



   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It looks like it's pointing more to the direction of replacing one of the dynamic sensors in the top landing.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can plug your IMS into the door operator while running upon inspection and check your I/Os buy swipe a magnet past the sensor. Sometimes plugging in to the operator can give the car a brain fart and odd faults but it's ok.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Stupid question. So the door faults in the IO/faults, does that fault log clear when you clear the faults through the rfl command in remote fast for the car faults? Or is it self clearing when powers cycled?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It didn’t always but I have noticed it does in some newer software.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Whats the normal way to clear it?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Cycle door power or clear faults from the Command pull-down menu in Door Smart Fast.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top