Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tach 20 shutdowns

21 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
37 K Views
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#13783]
Got a tach 20 randomly shutting down. Seems to happen most after its sat for awhile(over night). Only fault is 1078. Changed battery. When it shuts down it kills solid state starter. Which I see is controlled my mcc1 relay. Any suggestions?



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The Valve may not be sized correctly. When the unit goes to heat the cold oil it moves the car, causing it to go down on low oil time. Or the cold oil thermostat isn't working. allowing the oil to get too cold and when it goes to re-level it goes down on low oil time. Just something to check



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What about the CPU? Could it be failing? How many batteries have you changed?



   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anyone know where to get an open ims tool

Last edited by beaupeep; 04/02/15 01:55 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does it have battery lowering? If so, next time you get this call, unplug and re-plug just the battery back up and see if your controller come back to life. If this is the case, replace the battery or batteries in the UPS.



   
ReplyQuote
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have changed the battery in the cpu card with a new one and it is still shutting down



   
ReplyQuote
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It does not have battery lowering. I adjusted the bypass(low pressure) port per manufactures recommendations to rule that out but it still shutdown. I will check into the cold oil therm. thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I did see it fail. It lowered to the bottom to warm the oil and the motor energized for a second and kicked off then energized then kicked off then the controller shutdown the solid state starter. (New Solid State Starter which was replaced after the problems started)



   
ReplyQuote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check your up to speed contact on your soft start. When the Tac20 faults out it kills the control power for the soft start. So you can never tell what fault the soft start has.



   
ReplyQuote
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Boy this thing is being a pain. Ok I haven't dropped the soft start in awhile but its still faulting out. getting faults 1087, 1009, and the 1078



   
ReplyQuote
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
magnets are good and in place



   
ReplyQuote
(@local yocal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
What relays are in the MCD MCE circuit?



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Local

Have you checked the valve? With a pressure gauge on the valve, turn the power off and close the shut off valve to the jack. Are you losing pressure? When the unit is trying to warm the oil, could the car be drifting down? If you feather the manual lowering will it fail and give you the same faults? What about re-leveling? Is it always at the bottom floor?

Johnjays first post was pointing in this direction. I seem to remember this type of trouble. Just wish my memories were clearer.

Last edited by jkh; 04/09/15 12:21 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Forgot this was still an issue. I will look into it tomorrow and post.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Local the 1078 is a low RAM battery fault. The other 2 faults are MCD and MCE contactor faults. CPU could be the culprit here with that bad battery. Start there, the MCD and MCE are both on the first or second page of the prints, 2 AC relays I believe, EPEN I think is the one I would start with.

Also worth noting, the Siemens starter board has a very short life span. I give those boards to service guys as soon as I get them, the 7-8 normally closed ready, and 9-10 normally open ready fail. TKE used to repair them, bad resistor if I remember correctly, but has found its actually just cheaper to swap for new.

Holler back if this didn't help you get on the right page to fix it, I am on TAC 32's now for new installs, but I can swing by an old 20 and look some stuff up if you need it.

Forgot to ask, does this elevator have UPS for the battery backup? I have heard of a few ghost faults when these batteries begin to go bad.

Last edited by Silly; 04/09/15 05:13 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top