Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
23/08/2017 10:24 pm
Cannot get this car to communicate to ims...Bank of 4 ..other 3 work fine...also,all hall direction arrows @ every for lit,phase 2 fs in cop on,and when plug pmi board #6 in hall calls latch at every floor and other three cars respond...when I unplug pmi board #6 it drops hall calls but hall direction lantern's and phase2 in cop stays on...
23/08/2017 11:17 pm
Check all the pico fuses on DSP and CPU boards.
Topic starter
24/08/2017 12:41 am
Thanks Rolly..No Picos on cpu and they're good on DSP...I,ve pulled cpu out of car #2 and put it in car#3.... didn't run car but checked for comm and ims acknowledged #2...but not #3..so I believe cpu is good... I put it back in#2 but green light flashes at 3sec intervals instead of 1sec....DSP flashes @ 1sec which is good...very perplexing
24/08/2017 7:46 am
Did you switch out the chips when you swapped CPUs? If not, car 2's CPU would still show up as car 2 in IMS even if it's plugged into car 3. I wouldn't rule out the CPU yet, or the software. Also make sure the software is the same version as the other cars.
25/08/2017 9:47 am
Unplug all the pmi cards from the backplane except card 1. Leave the cpu dsp and card 1 plugged in. If it still fails it is probably the dsp board. Also a confidence test with hyperterminal will help.
25/08/2017 9:51 am
Unplug all the pmi cards from the backplane except card 1. Leave the cpu dsp and card 1 plugged in. If it still fails it is probably the dsp board. Also a confidence test with hyperterminal will help. If it communicates with the pmi's unplugged. One of them is shorted. Plug in 1 at a time to find the bad 1
Topic starter
28/08/2017 11:58 pm
Thanks for the responses guys.... unplugged all pmi,s except #1,NEW DSP,and cpu...green light now flashes every 10sec,DSP flashes@ 1sec but red fault light on as well and still no comm with ims...
29/08/2017 7:09 am
How are your power supply voltages?
Topic starter
30/08/2017 2:27 am
All good
30/08/2017 7:38 am
Have you tried to connect through Hyperterminal for a confidence test?
30/08/2017 7:40 am
For the hell of it check the battery conection on the cpu i know of one that was shut down and the mechanic touched it and it came alive,had no comm also.
30/08/2017 8:05 am
What if you only have the CPU plugged in?
Maybe your generic software is corrupted, does IMS work if you plug this new CPU in another car? So you have 5v, +12, -12 on the backplane & 24 from V+ to VC. And +/-15 on DSP
Maybe your generic software is corrupted, does IMS work if you plug this new CPU in another car? So you have 5v, +12, -12 on the backplane & 24 from V+ to VC. And +/-15 on DSP
Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 08/30/17 12:08 AM.
Topic starter
30/08/2017 11:11 pm
New to this equipment... Don't know about hyperterminal test..And where would battery be on cpu?..
I,ve checked backplane and am getting 5vdc but not the 12vdc...I have 4 cars in the bank and checked voltage on backplane of 2other cars and they were the same... voltage @ 5v test points,but nothing on the 12v of any car
I,ve checked backplane and am getting 5vdc but not the 12vdc...I have 4 cars in the bank and checked voltage on backplane of 2other cars and they were the same... voltage @ 5v test points,but nothing on the 12v of any car
Topic starter
30/08/2017 11:17 pm
Also ims works with old cpu plugged into another car...I took cpu out of #2 and put it in car#3 and ims showed it as car#2...I did not put car 3 cpu into car 2 however..
Topic starter
30/08/2017 11:20 pm
All other voltage checked out..24 from v+ to vc and 15v at DSP board pin 2and 3 as well as 1and 3
Page 1 / 2
Next