Can one add the factory UIT to the controller and operator?
I’m not sure whether to suspect the main board in the operator or the module on the end of the Door Op motor as a potential problem. Any experienced input?
I need to get an HD98 manual and see if there are any checks I can do in the absence of the UIT.
Thanks!
I see UpandDown hit these issues...oops.
The previous visit it exhibited the problem at both floors, open and close, and about 97% of the time - and it was a hot day and hot in the hoistway. Seems like there may be a temperature sensitivity, there..
Belts weren’t slipping, linkage right, brushes show hardly any wear. I’ll keep an eye on it.
The other possibility is that belts were never loosened when operator was new. What I mean is the factory sent out all HD operators, the belts are always WAY to tight. They need to be as loose as possible to barely keep traction on reversal. Knowing this sometimes people incorrectly increase torque settings to compensate for tight belts. Then belts loosen/stretch, or idler arm bearings starts to go out also loosening belts and now you got slamming doors.
As far as pick up rollers slipping out of clutch, score a cross hatch pattern/ or vertical lines in the face of the clutch closing vane with pocket knife . This is maintenance thing I do. Hold closing hall door being careful not to break the beam, if hall door slips out of clutch, start gouging the face of the closing vane.