Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 32 problem.

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
38.7 K Views
(@IMS4sale)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#13603]
New to the tac32's basically CPUA board SAFECPU and SAFE output is not up. I've checked all the boards and the seem to be communicating fine. SPL loop is good. I even disconnect all the links to the CPU (to prevent any booging down or shorts) still CPUA has no reaction. Any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks



   
Quote
(@MSELEVATOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have the thumb drive with job software? You need to reload the job profile, and learn the nodes, and safety configuration. The WRT to save the changes.



   
ReplyQuote
(@IMS4sale)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No no thumb drive, ok thanks I'll see what I can do. I apprciate it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MSELEVATOR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not saving parameters/profile is just TKE insuring service contract, since you do not have the job software.

Do you have any other TAC32s



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Easy, that is not a TKE procedure by any means. I am a new install adjuster and I can guarantee every single TAC32 has a thumb drive with everything on it, including the manual. Our state requires it to be left onsite as part of the MCP.

What faults are generated? Sounds like the SP took a royal deuce. You can try to redo it by moving the top left jumper by SP to the 1-2 pin, then type SPC into remote fast window of IMS. Replace the jumper to 2-3. It should say sp config. In the remote fast, cycle the power. If you do not have IMS send me a private message, I can step you through using the UIT. If this doesn't clear it up, you lost the CPUA or the man card it sits on...drawing a blank, think it's IOD for the TAC 32, or its IOC, one is for 50-04, other is for the 32.



   
ReplyQuote
 gcj
(@gcj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When you say cycle the power in the remote fast, how do you do that? Or do you mean turn the disconnect off and then turn it on.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
uh-oh.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
gcj I could tell you, but then I would be forced to kill you. Thankfully I am not much in a killing mood today.

Last edited by Silly; 04/05/15 04:01 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 gcj
(@gcj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Make that your last threat Silly, I don't play those silly games and now I know why they call you silly.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My mother use to say "don't bite the hand that feeds you".



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
someone seems a little sensitive (and humourless)to good advice!!!

Last edited by kiwinightstalker; 04/06/15 12:44 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Gcj, wasnt a threat, call it....fortune telling. If I happened to to explain a very simple step in elevator repair, to an obvious non elevator repair person, I very likely could be killing you, or some passenger of your conveyance. As previously stated, I was not in a killing mood, hence why you got no explanation from me.

Now if you took it as a threat, and in turn, tried to threaten me, go piss up a rope dude.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
GCJ,
When you joined the forum, you didn't include any personal information. You have no prior post for us to form our own opinions as to weather you are involved in the repair of elevator equipment.

So I will take he dirrect route! Are you currently employed as an elevator mechanic?



   
ReplyQuote
 gcj
(@gcj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have been in the elevator trade since 1986. I was a adjuster since nine months in the trade. I am also a NAESA Inspector, DC license mechanic, Md license mechanic,VA license mechanic, DC master electrician license and MD master electrician license. I ask a simple question about the TAC32 and then I was threaten. First I don't know who you are to say that to me. If you were a friend I could understand and consider that was a joke. The world is crazy so you have to take things serious.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you for letting us know you are an active member in the trade. Let me start by saying you are entitled to feel the way you feel. Please keep in mind that this is a forum made up of many personalities. Some you may like some you may not. My perception of Sillys thread is different then yours. And I'm not trying to change how you feel.

I'm just saying that he didn't know he was speaking to a mechanic and acted responsibly...

It may not be your style of how to go about responding. But then again he did tag himself as Silly. I'm sure if you go through and read his previous threads you will find him to be a active member of the forum. That he is a dedicated profesional. And hopefully you will contribute to the open discussions here so we may see your personality...



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top