Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis GEN2

33 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
63.9 K Views
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#13605]
Anyone servicing these outside of Otis? Looks like our friends across the "POND" are taking them....Any independent states side?



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would imagine it's a matter of time! What's it been now 12-15 year they have been out?



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have seen TKE and Schindler take them on service. I believe each company has a tech department that has independently developed tools and support. I'm not sure any tools are on the market for the latest GCS controls.



   
ReplyQuote
(@billvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
otis won't even give the mechanic's full access to the new equipment!! you can do test and such, but very little adjustments with out having to call and get it unlocked.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
we have 6 of the older gen 2 on service, we are a small independent. They run great. they are a little intimidating to work on, but knock on wood, they are very reliable. wait for the post for help tomorrow, ha ha.

Last edited by Vatorgator; 03/11/15 03:52 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We just looked at one that was part of a 2 car service contract. The belts might be a problem to check? How do you monitor those? This is an older Gen2



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
otis left the belt monitoring system in place. after losing the contract, they tried to remove the belt monitoring system, however the building put up a fight, and 2 years later the system is still on the job monitoring the belts.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I use to adjust them. 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Today I had lunch with a friend. We use to work together 15-20 years ago. He was working on a 3300 (yes he's a schindler man, but still a good guy. Ha!) today. He said schindler also won't give out full access as well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Were an Independent and we have quiet a few even the new stuff that are blue tooth communication. I was told that if you go to Allie Baba or some such China type e-bay site you can buy Otis tools that work very well. So far we haven't had to do that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
3300? trained on those also.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Elevatedone

I was sighting an example of an other then Otis limiting the information to their men in the trenches.

At least I hope that is what your questioning?



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Interesting...When I worked for one of the Majors they never supplied tools or prints on foreign equipment. I worked through a bunch of problems before ever seeing a world tool. Asked for plenty of favors from the competitors which the guys always helped. Now on my own I really don't know if I want to take on the challenge with everything else going on. It is interesting...that's what was fun about the trade....not this time based schedule? I guess eventually we will start taking this stuff on as it gets older. How do you get parts for this stuff?



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How did you manage to go it alone?



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Unitec will sell you whatever you need but its not cheap. We have a drive back to them now they will only rebuild the old drive and that is like 11K$$$$$.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top