Open Hyperterminal, create new connection.
Set Hyperterminal for COM1, BPS=38400, Data bits:8, Parity:None, Stop Bits:1, Flow Control:Hardware
Make sure JP2 has been removed from cpu 188E Board
Click Send file in Hyperterminal and select first job file (typically 4 or 5 files).
Place CPU in ZMODEM upload mode.
a. while pressing and holding rst button, press and hold the udl button.
b. release the RST button.
c. When the CPU STAT LED blinks 4 times, (2 long and 2 short), release the UDL Button
NOTE: CPU will stay in zmodem for 30 seconds, so if file transfer isnt started by then, you will have to place cpu back into zmodem again.
Click send on hyperterminal window. When finished, cpu will reset. When cpu finishes reset, place back into zmodem and continue with 2nd file and so on.
Do you connect to the CPU board directly or through the bottom port on IO board?and what type of cable you use
Does this method works on 186o CPU board as well?
Do you need IMS software at all here?
Do you have instructions on how to set it up using IMS and do you need different cables or just the serial one.
I have a unit in senior building has been shut down for a week and I already got a new CPU board and I just need to bring it back to life.
What would be the next step after I sent the config files through hyperlink?