Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
23/06/2017 12:44 am
Hi all.
Been having problems with a couple of swift futura units.
Usually they run fine for anything between 1 hour to 3 days, and then they break down.
Usually getting faults 9 & 10, and usually crashes out on fault 18. Although other faults have been appearing.
Modules and contactors have been changed. DPP switches have been changed.
Drive, encoder, brake board have all been swapped with known working ones.
Also on our DPP switches we're reading between 3.0 and 3.4 volts on DPP2 depending on adjustments made and nothing seems to get it down to the correct voltage.
We just can't seem to get to the bottom of this.
Any help would be much appreciated.
23/06/2017 5:01 am
Check the SCRs. Usually on the back of the controllers. I think any high readings between pairs around 19-20ohms or higher means they need to b replaced
23/06/2017 5:43 am
Are they MG? If so check the field weakening also
23/06/2017 12:15 pm
Sounds like you've eliminated a number of possibilities.
What type of contactor or contactors are being used? The late 1990's Futuras used a pair of loop contactors with huge micro switches under the coil. Problematic design. Faults 18 & 94 you get about every time a recovery has initiated.
Does this job use the RVU Wizard thing? If so, you can set the system to capture just about any fault then playback the screen and watch all inputs before the fault occurred... great tool. Are the ropes sliding on the sheaves maybe?
And lastly, has the building put any antennae or satellite dishes and their associated cabling near the machine room? Ask me how I know about this one! No wait...don't!
What type of contactor or contactors are being used? The late 1990's Futuras used a pair of loop contactors with huge micro switches under the coil. Problematic design. Faults 18 & 94 you get about every time a recovery has initiated.
Does this job use the RVU Wizard thing? If so, you can set the system to capture just about any fault then playback the screen and watch all inputs before the fault occurred... great tool. Are the ropes sliding on the sheaves maybe?
And lastly, has the building put any antennae or satellite dishes and their associated cabling near the machine room? Ask me how I know about this one! No wait...don't!
Topic starter
23/06/2017 4:22 pm
Thanks for your reply, sorry but what's MG?
Topic starter
23/06/2017 10:38 pm
Contactors are all Schneider. No satellite dishes positioned near any of our equipment. Will have a go at using the playback tool on the wizard. Thanks
Topic starter
24/06/2017 12:41 am
Ok, used the frame playback, when the lift crashes, we get fault 94 and 24 in the same frame, and we also lose EMSD. Nothing else drops out.
Does this indicate anything other than the drive?
Does this indicate anything other than the drive?
24/06/2017 9:22 am
Scarz,
Are you a certified elevator mechanic or building owner?
Topic starter
24/06/2017 5:39 pm
Here in the U.K., we're called "Lift Engineers" 🙂
These units are few and far between over here.
These units are few and far between over here.
24/06/2017 9:48 pm
Scarz3,
The common denominator of 24 and 94 errors is your encoder. PM your email address. I have a few things I can share.
The common denominator of 24 and 94 errors is your encoder. PM your email address. I have a few things I can share.
24/06/2017 9:48 pm
Scarz3,
The common denominator of 24 and 94 errors is your encoder. PM your email address. I have a few things I can share.
The common denominator of 24 and 94 errors is your encoder. PM your email address. I have a few things I can share.
25/06/2017 8:00 pm
I had same faults occuring on a swift 5000 with a magnetec dsd 412 drive. I did everything you've tried if not more trying to fix it. The conduit for the velocity Encoder wiring was grounded and the shield was grounded on one side like it should be. I started out by pulling the wiring out of the conduit, temporarily running it out of the bottom of the drive across the floor to the encoder so I knew it was far away from any other circuits that could create noise in the line. The problem went away and I'm fairly sure the noise was from the way the wiring was ran from the bottom of the drive to the top of the controller.
26/06/2017 3:00 am
Do you have Wizard tool ? (laptop with Futura Software)
Topic starter
27/06/2017 11:20 pm
Originally Posted By: NOTIME
Do you have Wizard tool ? (laptop with Futura Software)
Yes I do.
28/06/2017 2:53 am
we use MG, as a short for a job that has a Motor Generator set.
Page 1 / 3
Next