The literature suggests replacing the vane reader and encoder board on the cartop. Check. It has been replaced.
It suggests replacing the 150fpm speed board attached to the ETS board. I have swapped that board with the other car in the duplex and that has not fix it or moved the problem.
I have checked the wiring of both the car top encoder and the motor encoder. I know my position encoder is tracking with the rail properly and is properly grounded.
When viewing motion averages I have seen it once so far. Indeed RL1 is seen at 3F/M far out of its 150 tolerance.
So, what do y'all think? Could it be the car top encoder? ETS board? MSU? This is unfortunately so intermittent I have only ever seen it happen a couple times. I really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Something common to both up and down directions, terminal and intermediate landings, and no other faults.
The "100" part of the fault gets me. It's like the controller isn't seeing something right at the get go. Does it slowdown normal or at reduced speed?
Auxiliary contacts on M?
Bad contacts on a relay in the speed box? Those are bifurcated contacts, not just the run of the mill 4 pole relays.
Flakey hatch switch?
Jump "SS to ALT"
usea a Hand Tach to monitor the Speed should run at 50% contract speed, if not run at 50% re adjust "Alt_MVEL"
re adjust the Speed board 1 to activate @ 50% and 2nd @ 90%
replaces relays in ETS board (take care 2 difrent voltage relays in same board)
Most of the really intermittent issues I've had like this have come down to ribbon cable connections, Molex & card plugs too but especially the ribbon cables. Except the last one was an MSU board. If you let the car cycle and gently tap plugs, move wires, flex cables, etc. sometimes you get lucky and catch it. I like to clean ALL the plug connections on Miprom 21s with De-ox-it and look in the ends of the Molex connectors for distorted/tweaked terminals. I replace the bad ones with the gold plated "Trifurcon" terminals that grab the sides of the pin too (same ones I use on Ascension Power supplies & Accu-Flite SCR plugs.