Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Silencer

15 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,695 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35284]
Hello. I have to install a power unit with a separate silencer besides the muffler . Canton doesn’t sell one. Does any one recommend a manufacturer



   
Quote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
MEI air bladder type are a good choice. Just have to keep up with the charging of the air bladder.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ITI comes to mind. I think I remember a job they had made s silencer for.

Other than that, what about a second muffler?

Or go look at a 330A and see what schindler uses. I don't know what magic they make their tank units with but they are always very quiet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
MEI could be your only choice on this one



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I dont know for sure but maybe adams sells the same muffler schindler uses? Or order one as a direct replacement for a 330A.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
How often does the MEI one need charging ? How do you charge it Are we allowed to add a 2nd muffler ? I’m not sure if I have ever seen that.

Last edited by Jluff; 05/20/23 03:03 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’m not a fan of air bladder silencers. Not only have you added maintenance tasks and another point of failure we have had to replace several already. So compared to old school maintenance free failure free silencers I’m a hard no.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was suggesting a second muffler for the exact reasons danzeitz said. I'm also not a fan of adding things that can fail and requires maintenance when it's not absolutely necessary.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What ever you do stay away from MEI.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Vertical express still sells the old school Dover style silencers that are quite effective. You can get it grooved or with vic ends.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks ABE. I see that for 1800$. Do any after market mufflers affect my flow rate ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevate66)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey all. Anyone know if I can still purchase replacement silencer cores (rubber) for the old Dover's?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm pretty sure you can, from where I don't know. But I rebuilt one like 2 years ago



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What kind? The big circle ones?

Is it just leaking? If it's leaking tighten all the bolts on it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevate66)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We did try tightening the bolts first, slight improvement. I did find the silencer core with springs through Vertical Express for $288.14 each! A complete new silencer would be probably be less. Thank you for the quick replies. 👍😎



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top