Elevator Forum

Schindler 330a prob...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Schindler 330a problems

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
23.3 K Views
(@500fpm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#20336]
This 330a is stuck in AST mode. I can run the elevator on inspection but it will return back to ast every time as soon as I switch it to automotic. When I reset the elevator controlls it also goes back into ast mode before it even tries to run. I checked the emergency terminal limits and everything is ok. The faults are a 107 pit oil switch, which this elevator does not have and a 1209, missing node. I checked the nodes on the smlcd and they all test out ok. Does anyone have any ideas why this elevator will not come out of ast mode?



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you do the double re-boot? If that doesn't work, you may need to drain the super-cap.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had similar problems and it was bad mother board



   
ReplyQuote
(@500fpm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I did not do a double re-boot. How is this done and what does it do?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Push button on the perpendicular board to the right of mother board ... push once then lights will flash then push again while lights are flashing.



   
ReplyQuote
(@500fpm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The double re-boot worked! Thanks guys for your help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philelevman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Had a similar situation that would repeat once a week at first then every day after a while. Turned out the be a bad t cable wired in a shielded pair.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CRC1281)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am having pretty much the exact same problem the past few days. My situation is that the car was shutdown for almost 4 days (customer’s fault for not calling in the shutdown). When the building finally placed the service call for the shutdown, I was busy so my co-worker went and he had a bunch of leveling faults and leveling issues. He called me because he was having some issues with the car so I asked him if the tank was cold and he said it was ice cold. I told him to run the car, heat up the oil, and see what he gets. He was able to run the car on INSP and after the oil heated up some, the car ran fine. The next day the building advised me the car was shutdown again. I was getting a bunch of faults (leveling, door operator, pit oil switch, cold oil, NiIntFail, ect). At first I thought it was a power supply issue because the car keeps throwing multiple random faults (power supply seems good). After about a day or two of troubleshooting, the only fault I am now getting is 107 NiIntFail. Car runs on INSP, and no matter what once I take it off INSP the status goes right to AST. If the car is anywhere in shaftway it runs down to bottom landing, sits there and stays in status AST. If car is at bottom landing already when I flip it from INSP to NORMAL, it doesn’t even run and goes right into AST. I’ve been servicing this elevator for 6 years so I am aware of the of the double reset and this car is usually reliable other than the occasional shaftdoor problems. The mainboard was changed twice on this car years ago for non-related issues. I basically feel the car is stuck in AST status no matter what maybe due to some type of bad input or whatever. The main board may need to be replaced, but I would like to try one or two more things first prior to swapping out the mainboard. Philelevman: I know it was a few years ago, but do you remember which shielded pair was causing your AST issues. Please let me know. Any advice from anyone else also would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Work Safe!!!

Last edited by CRC1281; 02/01/25 03:51 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dude I feel your pain. It's in low oil!! Ast,= low oil operation.

Now. A double reboot on machine room inspection is "supposed" to clear it. The last 3 330as i did inspections on 2 I had to literally drain the gcio cap for over 5 minutes to get it to clear. The 3rd I was tired of that long process so I did a double reboot but 10 times. I ten times rebooted that batch. 10 times reboot it if that don't work shut it off and put a jumper on the gcio cap for 5 minutes and your golden



   
ReplyQuote
(@gohana256)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
checked your in the tank float



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex_Bouchez)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Maybe it's time to change the controller. Grab a Smartrise C4 and that will do the trick.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Your better off with the 330a than smartrise



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You're better off with almost anything over the smart rise...the Schindler guys by me are startig to use the eci pixel instead of their 330a hydro



   
ReplyQuote
(@gohana256)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by gohana256
checked your in the tank float

sorry, have you checked the float inside the tank. may need readjusting



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatordude73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What kind of valve is in there? If it’s has an EECO valve in there and you’re getting an AST fault, it may be the up check valve spring. They’re notorious for breaking causing leveling issues and definitely AST faults.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top