Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
05/09/2013 1:11 am
hello all. I'm having an issue with the fire service. The car acts as if it is in fire recall (smoke alarms). It is sitting on the egress floor with doors open and the fire hat inside the car is flashing. If I turn Phase 2 on inside the car I can run the car in normal fire service fashion. The controller is showing EFO is on. On the module rack were my fire alarms tie into, the LED's show all alarms to be normal(which I verified).
I did notice,(compared to another car),on the module board there should be a blinking LED I'm guessing for communication that is not blinking. If I go into the parameters and set EFO to 0 the car runs on normal service although my fire hat is still blinking. Do you think my module board is bad? OCSS? MCSS? thanks for the help!!
I did notice,(compared to another car),on the module board there should be a blinking LED I'm guessing for communication that is not blinking. If I go into the parameters and set EFO to 0 the car runs on normal service although my fire hat is still blinking. Do you think my module board is bad? OCSS? MCSS? thanks for the help!!
05/09/2013 3:40 am
Haven't worked on a 411 but have t/s 311's. I believe f/s is serial link right? Either way check your input for that particular input w/ your service tool. Also read the actual recall switch to see if its being recalled. You might have a bad addressing board for the fire service input. Lets assume the easiest before the more complicated which would be processor board.
05/09/2013 10:21 am
Find the address of your RS5 or RS14 board in the prints, then use the tool to see if the BIT to that board is on. The board is in the COP. I have seen shitty connections on those little boards or damaged wiring make dumb stuff happen.
13/09/2013 9:14 am
>>>>>>Does the car have Jamb lanterns and Lcd PI display..theses are all serial link related and all come off of the same RS14 remote..anyone of these can cause the fireman service Hat to falsely blink..
Topic starter
17/09/2013 3:27 am
thanks I will check the state of the address. appreciate the help.
21/09/2013 7:12 pm
While testing the EFO status, keep in mind that sometimes it is wired as a "breaking" contact. I.e. The input goes off to activate the EFO mode. If this is the case, then a crook rs card will set that input as active and place the system on EFO. I owe a late night hair-pulling session to an experience of this on a single lift mcb job.
Last edited by Bluehaze; 09/21/13 11:24 AM.
17/10/2013 11:12 pm
Any luck....i think on those a blown fuse will latch fire service..