Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
11/01/2017 10:38 pm
Hello all,
Has anyone experienced a car call button acknowledgment light that didn't cancel on these units?
It's only 1st floor and I changed the (K2EB) I/O board (Part #ABA26800AHE1) that it plugs into with same result. Button works fine. Able to move problem to any call button.
Also on the same car the Fan & Light Protection relay (FLPR) picks up instantly and won't drop out to allow car lights to turn on. Changed CIRS board (Part #GDA25005B1) and no change.
Any help at all is good help. Thanks for reading this.
12/01/2017 9:05 am
did you try a pf ram reset m151? had a car gong that would not turn off, went down the same road as you replaced boards etc. same thing did a m151 and problem cleared. also there was a problem with flpr as well. m151 corrected them both.
Topic starter
12/01/2017 9:11 pm
I did the only ram reset I know of. Car on inspection, scroll with S2 button to function 6. Scroll through to CLRO and hit reset to clear BAT RAM. Is this the same as m151?
Cleared this way a few times with no luck.
Cleared this way a few times with no luck.
Thanks for the response.
13/01/2017 5:05 am
hmm not sure, usually just use the tool, not the onboard interface. sounds similar, except the tool says PF power failure ram reset. and onboard says BAT ram reset.? not really sure, but it seems similar. any way to access a tool? just to check it out. maybe a otis guy will chime in good luck keep us posted
Topic starter
13/01/2017 5:58 am
Nope, no tool. Haven't needed one till now I guess. Does sound like the same function though and I see no other type of reset mentioned in the manual. Really appreciate you getting back to me.
13/01/2017 10:07 am
2nd that. Best $100 I ever spent.
Topic starter
13/01/2017 9:25 pm
Gentleman, you convinced me. Just ordered one. Have more then enough 211's to justify the purchase. Thanks.
17/01/2017 6:40 am
On board bat ram clear and svt m151 clear should give similar results . If you changed the button and the remote station and still have it then it could be a problem in the software where the output for the tell tale light is permanently on . If you get yourself a service tool check the I/0 state , it should give you the I/o number in the prints I've had this fault but its been the behind COP remote station ( KEB ) board everytime . The light and fan relay is a changeable setting from the last run and can be changed with a SVT .
17/01/2017 6:43 am
Did you inherit the fault or has it appeared suddenly ? If like it when you took the job I would say its like the car button tell tale is addressed wrongly
18/01/2017 1:26 am
When you get the svt check car serial address 34-1 for the CCB01
Input is the button output is the tell tale light . On SVT go 1 (ocss) 2 (test) 1 ( RSL I/O ) then it differs on vintage I believe but it may say c equals 1 h equals 2 g equals 3 . If so press 1 . Type in 34 press blue and enter , it will show input output state for 34 bit 1 which is 1st floor button and light . ( if u want to check floor 2 press blue and up to change the bit to 2 again to 3 etc etc ) check the output is OFF if no call registered . If on when no call is registered try turning it off from the SVT press blue and zero until it changes to off then go and see if it extinguished. For some reason on the one in looking at right now if you activate the button while looking at input output state then you HAVE to turn it back off from the tool . Pretty sure thats the case for all. Try this and let us know . Hope it helps .
Input is the button output is the tell tale light . On SVT go 1 (ocss) 2 (test) 1 ( RSL I/O ) then it differs on vintage I believe but it may say c equals 1 h equals 2 g equals 3 . If so press 1 . Type in 34 press blue and enter , it will show input output state for 34 bit 1 which is 1st floor button and light . ( if u want to check floor 2 press blue and up to change the bit to 2 again to 3 etc etc ) check the output is OFF if no call registered . If on when no call is registered try turning it off from the SVT press blue and zero until it changes to off then go and see if it extinguished. For some reason on the one in looking at right now if you activate the button while looking at input output state then you HAVE to turn it back off from the tool . Pretty sure thats the case for all. Try this and let us know . Hope it helps .
18/01/2017 1:42 am
UPDATE....
So this is weird , just the process of me going into the RSL I/0 ended up replicating your fault. It was fine for a time as I was checking etc.. When I went to leave I Locked up called the elevator up and the fan and light where out and when you register a call on any floor it does not extinguish the lamp after answering . Even weirder is the fact that I went back to machine room plugged my SVT in and as soon as I did the flpr relay picked and the fault whent away. Try M-1-5-1 as vatorgator suggested before anything .
So this is weird , just the process of me going into the RSL I/0 ended up replicating your fault. It was fine for a time as I was checking etc.. When I went to leave I Locked up called the elevator up and the fan and light where out and when you register a call on any floor it does not extinguish the lamp after answering . Even weirder is the fact that I went back to machine room plugged my SVT in and as soon as I did the flpr relay picked and the fault whent away. Try M-1-5-1 as vatorgator suggested before anything .
18/01/2017 4:29 am
If you do M-1-5-1 use clear PF Ram not Clear SAC RAM.. Sac is for car button secured floors.
18/01/2017 8:57 am
hey pieman, i have experienced strange results from playing with the tools on the rsl I-0's
i think i have posted and had some responses on this forum. anyway being curious while working on some 211 hydros, i would try and turn on certain outputs just to play around and see if i could get it to work, strange thing is if you try and turn on a output from the tool, lets say fireman jewel, for example. i would try and it would not turn on, then i would stop playing, and get ready for next service jog, when about to leave i noticed the first floor hall button would not extinguish. had to do a m151 pf ram reset. did not think much about it, but i have played with it on various 211 controllers, and as soon as you get into the rsl io section and try to force an io, then strange things happen. it does not go as the manual says it should. been down this road a few times,
i think i have posted and had some responses on this forum. anyway being curious while working on some 211 hydros, i would try and turn on certain outputs just to play around and see if i could get it to work, strange thing is if you try and turn on a output from the tool, lets say fireman jewel, for example. i would try and it would not turn on, then i would stop playing, and get ready for next service jog, when about to leave i noticed the first floor hall button would not extinguish. had to do a m151 pf ram reset. did not think much about it, but i have played with it on various 211 controllers, and as soon as you get into the rsl io section and try to force an io, then strange things happen. it does not go as the manual says it should. been down this road a few times,
18/01/2017 11:12 am
Most Otis controllers respond similarly when manually toggling I/Os.
Page 1 / 3
Next