Elevator Forum

Otis 211 button ack...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis 211 button acknowledgment light not canceling

35 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
69 K Views
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah , I tend not to toggle I/o's unless specifically trying to prove something ,had some spare time so was playing around. Funny it created the exact same fault including dropping the light and fan relay.did not even have to do a PF ram reset to clear the fault just plugged my service tool in and hey presto. I look after a lot if 211's and thought I had seen everything , guess not .



   
ReplyQuote
(@Freddie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Wow, Thanks for all the help. Haven't checked in a few days. Still waiting for the tool but, did not inherit the problem and the original problem was the flrp relay staying picked. No car lights. The halo not canceling popped up while trying to figure that out. Off next week but tool should be here upon return and I try all your suggestions. Hope it doesn't take too long to figure out the tool. I ain't no kid no more!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The light and fan relay and the halo not canceling seem to be related . That's what I had . First thing to do is plug in your tool, press module - 1 -5-1 and blue enter for PF ram reset ( as someone else said don't reset the SAC ram ) . Good chance that will do it .



   
ReplyQuote
(@Freddie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you very much.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Freddie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So, back from vacation. Got the Tool. Went to 3 different 211's today and got the same thing. Plug it in, get start up logo then it changes to press module but just as quick StStStStStSt (self test I assume) starts filling up the whole screen and won't change. The manual I've been able to attain shows a SELF TEST mode first but nothing about what I'm getting. If I press the blue shift key I'll get software version and date but nothing else.
Just wanted to see if it's me or the tool before I contact the seller.
Thanks for any help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've never seen that on mine. Some 211s don't seem to support the tool but on those it just does the self test and says something. When it works it says self test and MECS mode I think, then you can press the Module button and get the Module menu.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Service tool communication depends on the age of the 211. Older units aren't service tool capable without a baseline upgrade.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Freddie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Freddie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
A little update. Yesterday I got the tool working on the 211 with the problem. Tried the M-1-5-1 ram reset with no change. Was able to do as Pieman suggested and check the output for serial address 34 bit 1, 1st floor button, and both input and output were off, light still on. I pushed the button and checked the SVT and then the output was on. Turned it off with tool as suggested and no luck. Still lite. Also did a eprom self test with the tool and nothing found wrong. Spent a bit more time trying to figure out the tool, the manual I was able to attain has differences to what the tool is showing on the menu tree. This job is Version AP430985AAA (2006). Also still have the FLPR problem. It won't drop out for car lights to turn on.
Just wanted to let all who were kind enough to give me suggestions how things are going.
Thanks again.



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How old are the controllers ? When that happens it usually means software on the board is incompatible with the service tool . You need to upgrade the baseline software to a newer version . I forget what they are up to now ...think ending in AAG ? Be aware that even once you change the chip there are usually a couple of parameters that need changing . Haven't had to do one for a while but last one I did I had a regional guy talk me through the changes over the phone .



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oops , sorry ..never saw the second page ! Thought you were still having problems getting the tool to work. I don't suppose one of the other 211's you look after are same amount of floors and entrances etc ? If so maybe swap out the main board in the controller just to be absolutely certain its not a problem with the wiring or the KEB board .



   
ReplyQuote
(@nvadorm)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You should probably contact the seller. The tool should give you a menu shortly after you plug it in.

Make sure you are plugging the correct plug, there are 2 on the board.

As for you button light problem, have you checked to make sure you don't have a grounded wire form the button?

Also if you have a service tool plugged in and are in a test mode, all of the buttons will stay lit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Freddie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks guys. This is a duplex so I could swap main boards on a Saturday Pieman. Never cared about swapping stuff on relay logic or early solid state jobs but i get a bit anxious with the newer stuff!

I am plugged in the right port. Wasn't the first go round though. And as for a grounded wire, checked thoroughly for that and even used a different wiring harness with the same results. Plug P2 (1st floor car button) from the KEB board is the only one staying lite and I did replace the board with a new one right from UNITEC. Again, thanks for all the suggestions.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
freddie, we have swapped main boards on a few jobs, i puckered the very first one, but after we did it , it was a breeze. next few times, it was easy money, as long as everything is exact we had it done in less then 30 min. but then again, you never know good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@pieman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Vatorgator is right , straight forward swap out usually.it sounds like you have the older 211 with the piggy back board ? Just swap the base board , if the fault moves its the board . If not swap out the smaller board , if it moves its that board or or in the software . If you swap both and it doesn't move its a wiring fault , possible short . Providing the KEB board you pit on wasn't faulty also . Chased my tail all over Christmas by replacing a tape head reader board on a 211 with a new one that also had the same intermittent fault as the old one . Deove me crazy .



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top