I'm stumped on this one, I have an old 4-stop hydraulic Dover unit with the solid state cards (power, door, car, top&bottom, and intermediate cards) with the potter&brumsfeld relays on it, and I am having an intermittent problem with a voltage drop on several of the call circuits, causing the halos on the buttons to slowly get brighter and brighter and eventually placing calls without anyone there. Upon arrival if i reset the car or jog the TOC inspection switch a few times the voltage climbs back up but only lasts a day or two before ghost calling again.
I'm ready to rip my hair out, anyone seen this before? Ive tried replacing the power card and intermediate card to no avail.
Also a radio transmission very close by does strange things. Anything new installed in Machine Room?
Also a radio transmission very close by does strange things. Anything new installed in Machine Room?
The earthing is a good point and might be the first thing to try. When ever this is a possible fault I just place clip leads to earth at a few places in the shaft to check the effect. It might be getting a supply because of a floating neutral.
Good luck!