Elevator Forum

ECI H900 roped hydr...
 
Notifications
Clear all

ECI H900 roped hydro

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,186 Views
(@Elev^te79)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12980]
I took a call today on a ECI H900 roped hydro, the governor overspeed trips in the up and down directions at random times. I reset it today , ran the car for 4 hours no problems. I get an hour away it happens again. Any thoughts?



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
have you put a tach on the Governor to check tripping speed? Is the car running at the correct speed?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te79)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I was thinking about that, I had suggested a second set of hands. I thought for a 4 stop roped hydro it was rather fast. But I also know this company has had glitches with there boards . Just wanted to see if anyone has ran across this as well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Having worked on heaps of roped hydraulics(not this make) I can say nearly every 1 which tripped the safety gear/governor wasn't over speeding, more that the safety gear was nuisance tripping because the safety gear pads/jaws were hitting the rails. Check your slipper guides/roller guides for wear or clearances, check your rails for loose sections. These things are a real pains when this occurs. Not saying in this instance it isn't over speeding but it could just be as above.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te79)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Odd thing is safeties never set



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
>..I had one years back that did the same exact thing..might want to check the rails for grooves when it was tested..it is always good to grind the safety drag marks out of the rails after a test..it sometimes eliminates false trips..



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Jacks out of sync, causing a little rocking and rolling when they catch up with each other?



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Elev^te79
Odd thing is safeties never set

Ah ok then that is strange, but its better to be this way. Does this governor have an initial speed trip, then a further safety trip? Is there a hatchway for access to the governor without going into the shaft? You might have to remove the rope and do a dyno test on the trip speed. We never had that so to test it would have been a nightmare.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top