Can you guys give me some direction to go in.. I know it's a motor limit/valve fault. I bumped the MLT timer parameter up a bit with no luck. The elevator seems to getting to the distination in plenty of time? I'm clueless
Any other suggestions? I checked contactor and it needs to be replaced. I didmt figure that is the issue. But it's going to get replaced as well
You might be hitting top normal limit while in leveling.
I also had one that would intermittently give me a VLT due to a bad door zone wire connection, so the car would start to level down and not see door zone and then keep leveling down until it hit the down direction limit switch.
Also on the old green board motions had one with bad UP relay contacts. If I remember correctly the pump would be running in bypass, but the up and up slow valve coils weren't getting voltage due to relay contact failure. Could also be "H" relay contact failure not energizing the up fast valve coil and intermittently leveling all of the way up.
Also MLT/VLT data trap procedure is on page 6-23 of the old hydro manual.
http://www.mceinc.com/products/manuals/WebManuals/Motion_2000_Hydraulic_V9_42-02-1P21_A9.pdf
Both manuals available from their website, see links. Good luck!
If a Maxton UC4 valve, be sure the F/S adjuster is on the dot/scribe line, and that the three allen bolts are tight. If you increase UL only to have it change (i.e. slower fpm from when a previous adjustment was made), its that FS adjuster.
However, Snrkheads suggestion on the upstop limit is a very good one. Check your limit on access, and the car better stop at least 1" above FL. If it stops even with the landing, raise the limit switch 1/2" and recheck.
Other ideas would be burnt contracts LU,LD or H relays.
Those commonly used LS1 switches (if used on your job) are trash in my opinion. I see them a lot on MCE jobs. Seems every job that uses them, the stationary contacts need to be bent upwards a tad for reliable contact operation. Read that to be MLT or "Down Limit Failure" if the car fails at an upper floor.
I learned alot from the suggestions.
I checked hoistway switches.
Replaced contactor. Replaced relays. Etc... then after a couple hours. BAM
it went to 2nd floor and stayed in up leving without moving and tripped MLT!!
I adjusted valve. And found S/F allen bolts loose!! Tighten bolts fined tuned valve.(it was WAAY to fast in the up)
2nd day and no issues.. recommended a new valve anyway. 10 yrs old. Thanks again guys!!!