Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
09/02/2016 7:04 am
When the unit is powered up the current limit led on the drive immediately comes on and the digital drive gets a drive fault. Can't get the FLT to pick. Safety string is good. Have doors. SAF will not pick until FLT does. What keeps FLT From picking?
09/02/2016 9:19 am
re adjust the drive MCE must to calibrate some parameter before run the car (check isolation transformer taps )
Topic starter
10/02/2016 4:30 am
Ok. Got this issue solved. Bad connections on some power supplies. Now it has a PPS error. I didn't think the pattern generator would be used on inspection. The BAL adjustment never goes below 25mV. I hate MCE.
10/02/2016 11:20 am
Calibrate BIP and BAL. I cant recall the process because its been a while since I worked on an MCE 12 pulse but it is in the manual. You can always call MCE, last I heard they quit charging for tech support
Topic starter
13/02/2016 6:50 am
I calibrated the BIP. The Bal never goes below 20mv now. This thing has taken a turn for the worse. The car has drifted into the overhead and will not come down. Down relays pick, drive shows down direction as does the crt. Everything picks up, field voltage comes up but I now see the armature voltage is 40v on A2 and 104v on A1.
The book onsite is an old one and missing some pages out of section 3, go figure.....that's the section really need.
13/03/2016 8:03 am
You can download all manuals from MCE at their website.
18/03/2016 9:42 am
How do you have different voltage on a1 and a2? Where are you taking measurment from? If you have motor field voltage and voltage across armature car should be moving as long as the brake is picking.
27/03/2016 1:27 am
The motor only cares what the voltage is across the armature, from A1 to A2.
MCE is very helpful but don't wait on hold, leave a message and don't be surprised if they take several hours to get back to you.
MCE is very helpful but don't wait on hold, leave a message and don't be surprised if they take several hours to get back to you.
27/03/2016 2:07 am
if you really need to speak to them, just wait on hold, i know it seems like an eternity, but they will usually answer within 30-45 min. in my experience every time i left a message they call you either at the end of day or next day. If you are on hold over 45 min, then its time to leave a message or try another time.