Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Kone phone

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
15.2 K Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#30656]
First time working on one of these newer Kone phones on the car top. I’m getting a Lon fail red light and a PSTN fail red light. When I unplug the telco line and plug back in the red tail lights go off but come back after a minute or so . Shoukd I replace the board ? My line is good



   
Quote
 TC7
(@TC7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It may be a bad RIF board. Also keep in mind that problems like these arise if customers switch to VOIP over traditional analog phones line. Only KONE can program this board. I think there are instructions floating around for converting to another phone if you work for another company. However if you do work for Kone , Technical Support can call in to check programming.

PSTN Fail means low phone line voltage or no active phone line.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Upndwn)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just an FYI kone will reprogram the phones one time for customer
There is a DTMF config. But good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
My line is definitely good .. the lon fail red light is the first to come on .. so if I replace the board I will not be able to program it ? Only Kone ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@chicago)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pstn, no phone line or broken phone line.
Check phone voltage at ccbn board



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I can plug my telco line on top of car into tester phone and it Works perfectly



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Jluff I have programming instructions if your interested.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok thanks. I will DM you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I don’t see the lon fail red light in the manual . Does any one know what that indicates ? And does any one think replacing the board could solve this problem. It is voip phone line. However it worked for a few months with this phone line system. The only issue was the volume was hard to hear. But it worked

Last edited by Jluff; 03/04/21 12:48 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It seems like there’s always a red light on on those, don’t remember which but they work anyway. I have a procedure that tests the test way communication if you want it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
VOIP lines require an adapter from the VOIP provider. Line voltage is too low to operate correctly. VOIP provider should have asked the building about elevator phone lines.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The phone provider already has a booster hooked up to the line .. they replaced the booster and still getting pstn red light . Is there any specific specs for proper line voltage to these phones ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@AC2005)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Would appreciate a copy of those instructions also. [email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jdiggiddy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is there anyway to get a copy of those kone phone programming instructions thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry, haven't been in the forum in a while. Give me your email if you would like the Kone phone instructions.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top