Elevator Forum

Kone MoneSpace E-Br...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone MoneSpace E-Brake

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
17.1 K Views
(@Jr718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9329]
Hey everyone,
Im troubleshooting my first kone controller and Im having a problem with the E-Brake. Car runs, normal brake lifts e-brake doesn't and craps out the drive. I'm not getting the 24vdc out of The ADON board which fires up the brake module for the e-brake. Also when I run the car , on the ADON board I see the command led for the main brake go high but the command led for the e-brake stays low. So I'm wondering if it's a parameter set wrong or just a bad ADON Board?



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
put the elevator on inspection. push the safe button only, you should hear the e-brake pick. if you don't pick the e-brake, swap the main and e-brake wires, and try the same thing, if you hear the brake pick you now know the problem is in the e-brake module and not the adon bd. be sure to swap the brake wires back to their original position. if the brake is out of adjustment mechanically it will not pick, the brake switch may not be making up causing a fault, the adon could be bad, especially if it's an adon 1.

Last edited by john jay; 12/29/13 05:06 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te79)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Turn the brake switch in till you hear it click , then back it out one half turn. Also make sure parameter 5-9 is a 1. Or you can bypass the emergency brake switch by making parameter 5-9 a 0 then kill the power to accept your parameter change.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te79)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you have any 0041 errors ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jr718)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Both brakes are good, I checked the resistance across the coils and I got the ebrake to lift using an external 24vdc power supply to the ebrake module. The car even ran on inspection when i used to external 24vdc on the ebrake module. My problem is that the Adon board it not outputting 24vdc to my ebrake module and I don't know why. I don't want to change the adon board if it's something as simple as a parameter. Are there any parameters to change the type of ebrake being used or to shut it off in the system?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te79)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
5-9-0 then power down will take the e-brake switch out completely if I'm understanding you correctly ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@SteveO)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Elev^te79
5-9-0 then power down will take the e-brake switch out completely if I'm understanding you correctly ?

No it won't. After you set 5-9 to 0 and cycle power, there is a switch or jumper, depending on the version, on the ADON board that needs to be put into the "set" position. Before you turn the unit back on do this.

At this point an ADON learn, 5-25-1 has to be ran. Certain parameters are not actually changed until this is done. After the learn, set the switch or jumper back to "run" and cycle power. NOW.....at this point there is no monitoring of the ebrake switch and you have no unintended movement protection so the process has to be reversed in order to be completely functional and safe.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te79)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
SteveO you are absolutely correct , I completely left that out. Sorry guys.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can someone clarify what you mean by the 'e brake'. I understand this is an emergency brake but in what application does it activate? Is this just an emergency supply to the main brake coils and when normal activate during normal operations? I have never had to worry about this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@koneisland)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Basically just slows and stops lift in a controlled manner during an emergency or power cut etc. Avoids the passengers being subjected to the discomfort of a conventional sudden high speed stop.
I assume this is what they are referring to although there is a chance they are speaking about a braking device which prevents uncontrolled upward movement of which there are several different types.



   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: koneisland
Basically just slows and stops lift in a controlled manner during an emergency or power cut etc. Avoids the passengers being subjected to the discomfort of a conventional sudden high speed stop.
I assume this is what they are referring to although there is a chance they are speaking about a braking device which prevents uncontrolled upward movement of which there are several different types.

If we are talking about a true emergency brake as mentioned above, than...

Read ASME A.17 section 2.19.1 Emergency brake does many things, including ACO and UCM protection. It is a crucial component in maintaining the safe operation of a lift by todays standard.



   
ReplyQuote
(@fateinc2005)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Im assuming this car is a mono space with a v3f25? Since you have brake modules you should be kicking out some kinda error is the adon board tripping and flash in right by the reset button? You cannot let the car run without brake monitoring thats a serious liability and it should only be used if you have to trick the car to be able to run it to gain access to car top to adjust the brakes/switches



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top