Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

KONE KDM dirve help

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.7 K Views
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26018]
Hello all. Looking for some information on the KONE KDM drive. I may have one that is bad but want to dig into it and see if there's and boards or components that can be troubleshot first. Any of you KONE guys have any literature you can share? Your help is greatly appreciated!



   
Quote
(@UpandDown2321)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What faults are coming up? Those have many subcodes and faults



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I am only getting a 21 sub 2103 and a 26. I am blowing the F298-2 fuse and have a red and yellow lite on the drive I/O board blinking occasionally.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
21 is safe circuit. That is not the drive problem. What's subcode from the 26?



   
ReplyQuote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not sure what fuse you are referring to (where is this located)

2103 machine room inspection

26 xt or xt1(thermistor)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The F298 fuse is on the KDA module. Come to find out it feeds the drive power supply and the buss inside the drive. There wasn't a sub code for the 26 fault. I have attached a page from the prints for reference.
Attachments
IMG_20190226_113515~2.jpg (1010.34 KB, 65 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you come up with a solution? Looks like the fuse comes off L2,L3 and should open contacts with K201 before going into the drive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also just found another set of prints, looks like 330 is your drive module fan!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Going to swap out the drive tomorrow. Stinkin Kone drives!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Success! New drive car is RTS.



   
ReplyQuote
(@heisenberg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Always good to see a success story!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice job bro



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone know where the thermistor terminals are on kdm drive? I need print 1364622.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top