Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Kone KCM831

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
26.3 K Views
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14166]
One of techs found Kone KCM 831 emerg phone re-dialing over and over and over. 831 really doesn't have a "phone" -- phone is Kone board and on a RIF board in the car top. Reset or power down does not reset.

Any suggestions before I order another RIF board (very pricey). This our only diagnosis -- bad RIF phone board / stuck relay on board, etc.

We unhooked from button -- still redials



   
Quote
 BRG
(@BRG)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Open some place in the circuit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe they will run without the RIF. Have you tried to remove it?



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have in the past just replaced the on board phone for a local direct dial phone. power down the existing unit, and then use the existing phone line.



   
ReplyQuote
 jdog
(@jdog)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The elevator will run without the RIF. Don't spend your money on that board. You won't even be able to program the phone number in unless you go through KONE. Unplug the communication connector that goes to COP and plug it directly into Car top board. Order a wurtec phone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with going with another phone. However, you can reprogram the existing phones without going through Kone. I have the write up if you need it.



   
ReplyQuote
 BRG
(@BRG)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
One other thing that I know from years of adjusting. If the person does not properly end the call from the phone, it will redial. They need to hit the "3" key then the "#" key. Not too fast because the system is rather slow.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex75)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
solidstate<< Can I get a copy of the writeup to reprogram it?



   
ReplyQuote
 jdog
(@jdog)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would like to get that write up also. I have a number of these phones.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Char Les)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any chance you still have the write up on phone reprogramming?



   
ReplyQuote
(@koneisland)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Unplug white nylon Molex going into RIF board for a few seconds then plug it back in to reset.
Unplug the phone plug going into RIF and connect to a handset then see if it dials in and out. If all is well you have a bad RIF board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Put me on the list for that write up please!



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Charles, pm me or post your email.

Dan, it is in your inbox.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CjWms96)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you still have the programming instructions? I would greatly appreciate a copy. Thanks!



   
ReplyQuote
(@KENNYC$$)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Could you send me write up please?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top