Elevator Forum

KONE KCM OPERATOR I...
 
Notifications
Clear all

KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,742 Views
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#24722]
My question is that can there operator be easily interfaced with another controller like a Smartrise/Mce ect? I havnt seen one and I don't know if there serial controls to controller. Doing a mod on one and trying to decide to replace it or not. If I have to replace is there a direct swap out there?



   
Quote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Smartrise would answer that my two cents if u r going to mod the controller get rid of all of that expensive Kone stuff



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think it would depend on the operator. If its the linear AMD(Wittur) operator I think they just use discreet wiring as I have seen them used with a variety of other controllers such as smart rise, MCE and Virginia controls.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya, just looked at a print to make sure but the AMD operators are discreet to the CCBN board. 24vdc logic, open & close inputs, open & close limit outputs, and edge detector output. Don’t see a nudge or reduced speed input though, at least not on the KCM print.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Looks like reduced speed is activated by giving an open and close command at the same time, pulling 16 & 17 low. But the operator does have a nudge input.

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 09/13/18 02:10 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@chicago)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can install Kone AMD operator on any controller. You need to call spares. Need expansion board that mounts next to operator board, controls signals to controller.
Best operator on market, it will eliminate night callouts!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks fellas, we are going to give konespares a call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
May as well bend over.. LOL



   
ReplyQuote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This was the ADM 1.5 and it uses discrete 24vdc inputs so I was able to make it work. Only hiccup was I needed to add relays for the operators outputs because they are of the sinking type.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good job. I knew you could make it work.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top