My issue is that on my analog direction inputs on drive I am only getting positive VDC in both directions. I saw that the input was being fed by the maroon plug on bottom right of my relay pilot board.
I switched out the relay pilot board being hopeful that was my issue. No dice. I guess my main question, is which board has the logic to tell the voltage to swap polarity in the down direction? MSU, CPU, PIO?
Customer is on an outage right now in a power plant and they NEED this freight elevator so you can assume how much pressure is being put out to "just get it going"
I think I got it fixed. I sat down and started reading anything and everything I could find in Kones "little black book" I'd hate to see what they call a big book.
Anyways, I did find where it started velocity command was sent through the MSU board. Had a MSU, PIO, and a CPU board sent to me. PROM board will be sent Monday. Apparently PROM board must be programmed by engineering.
Went ahead and replaced MSU and PIO board. Went through and did new hoistway table and elevator is running like a champ.
I do have a question though. Say I wanted to replace the CPU and PROM board. I believe I read that I would have to uncouple motor from machine to run a learn on the motor/drive. I am using a computer purchased from Kone Spares with Miprom 21 Service Tool program loaded onto it but when I went to look at ADC1 parameter under drive adjust, it started "this function not integrated at this time"
Would I be up a creek without a paddle should I need to replace CPU? I am learning on my own home to use this service tool and to be honest replacing the CPU worries me.
Any other ideas I need to be trying?
If you check the pattern on the NTS board do you see the same thing VC in to GAN as VC our to GAN?
Hey, I wonder if you have a dip switch in the wrong position on the MSU. Do you have the procedure for setting up the VC command?
And yes on inspect voltage stays positive. This is a 75fpm car and on inspect while it's in this state, shows a reading of +1.536vdc in up and down direction.