Elevator Forum

KCM831 KDM Drive En...
 
Notifications
Clear all

KCM831 KDM Drive Encoder Scaling

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
22.7 K Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#17588]
Does anyone know the correct way to scale the encoders on these? I'm getting 197 and 198 faults and 109 faults, 70 switch. I replaced the motor encoder today thinking the one on the gov. shouldn't cause the 70 position errors since that's all in the drive with the KDM. Faults continue, but I noticed that viewing 4-40 and 4-41 on inspect the motor reads 28 and the gov reads 30. I could get the motor speed to 30 adjusting 6-64 encoder PPR but then gov speed would be 32 and it seemed worse. I can't find anything on what 6-64 should be or any scaling procedures. Any ideas?

Thanks



   
Quote
(@Elev^te1979)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you preform an ADON learn (5-25-1) after replacing the encoder ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm sure u checked but they have been known to lose the rubber ring on the wheel,diameter set to 37.5mm?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes and yes



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te1979)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On your 109 fault hit select and it should give you a sub error code. What's that? And also what type of machine do you have ? MX10 or MX14 ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
109 3065 1 0
Mx10 machine
Also brake test 6-30 was set to zero yesterday. Today I saw it do one and fault, it's set to 1 now and I can only make it 1,2,3



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Actually I got the encoder speeds the same using the real time display encoder estimator. Adjusting 6-64 to that, adon learn,adjust, adon learn and so on until they match at 28. High speeds are 75 and 71 though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te1979)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is the fault happening in the same spot every time ? I believe it's your cigar switches. Either 77u top, or 77n bottom. Couple things if it's happening in the same spot of the hatch it could be your traveling cable going to those switches.
Is it flat traveling cable ?
Also could be the switch itself, as they get older those switches get sensitive you'll actually start picking up fish plate bolts with them and it will drive you crazy.
I'd do those two things travelers to the 77's or just change out the 77's . You want a good 3/8 away from the magnet to the switch.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I just don't think that those switches would cause the 197,198 faults that are actually shutting the car down. It is only happening going down, I think it may be breaking traction a little bit causing encoder faults and the 77 switches look like they come in at the wrong position. It seems to be a bit better after dialing in the rope tension better but my concern it that 4-30 shows speed of 71 both directions and 4-31 shows 76 both directions. Seems like quite a bit, and if I could get them equal I would have more room for a little error.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you think traction is a problem, slow your accel/decel rate with parameter and see if the problem goes away. MX machines are horrible on traction. Even the underslung ones slip.

Last edited by Rolly; 07/21/16 10:01 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know this may seem simplistic, I'm a simple man. So have you checked the Brakes. you may have a corner Dragging heating up the drum as it runs. Just a thought.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ya, I went through the brakes today. Although the rope tension was pretty close, after making it perfect I could never get it to fail again and I did lower the accel and let it go. I just can't get past the encoders being 10 fpm off at only 150 fpm, and that deviation is consistent up or down. Put a new o-ring on the Gov. Encoder, no change. I have gone through all the files I have on KDM drives, initial commissioning, final, fault finding, parameters and the training manuals but no mention of adjusting this. Can't see a bad encoder just reading slow or fast, I guess if someone tells me that it's normal for these to be this far off i'll drop it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey dirt, can i get those manuals?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te1979)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've seen guys take weight out of the counterweight and put them on top of the car just to see if it helps. You might be getting rollback. Can you hear the motor torque up on start ? On the ADON board when the car goes to start see if the XCT lights flicker before it goes to run. That's your encoder and it will tell you if it's moving before leaving the floor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have slides guides on the counter weights? If so check for friction mad make sure those rails are lubed.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top