Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

KCM SRAM Chip

17 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.3 K Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#29766]
Does anyone know of a compatible chip that isn’t obsolete and can be ordered to replace these?

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ik7vq9d2gx72hxg/IMG_4768.jpg?dl=0[/img]

Thanks



   
Quote
(@Dmhughes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi, you should be able to replace the old TI chip with the ST one M48Z128Y-70PM1
Is the other one losing its parameters? Think they usually guarantee the lithium battery for around 10yrs but I’ve had them a lot older
Looking at the picture of your chip that’s a 2007 date code 13 yrs old

Last edited by Dmhughes; 08/15/20 04:25 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ya, won’t hold parameters. We had one older one to get the car running but want to order some. That ST part number is coming up obsolete and non-stock too.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I use a Dallas Semiconductor Battery backed ram DS1245Y-70. They should be availiable. I use it in my eprom reader/burner also. I always save the files, even the battery ram. Saves headaches later on, I use a Dataman Programer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Perfect, I will try those. Thanks Rolly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dmhughes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Typical, the Dallas ones fine and Farnell show ST one not in either I keep quite few spares, and definitely copy the chips if you can, I always do, good luck

Dave



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I do backup chips when I can but never got to this job. The route mechanic did have all the parameters backed up though. I used to use a higher end programmer but a few years ago tried a cheep Chinese one because it’s very small, like 2” x 3” x 3/4,” and USB powered. I love it and have been using it ever since. I’ve yet to find any chip it doesn’t work on and it’s fast. For anyone interested it’s the TL866ii Plus and you can get it on Amazon for $60.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dmhughes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve got the very same one it’s great



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
IDWT,

Are all brands of the TL866ii Plus created equal? I see a few different brands on Amazon that come with different adapters. I have never burned eproms before and would like to learn how. Do you think all the extra adapters are necessary for our line of work?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That’s a good question and I’m not sure. I suspect they are. I wouldn’t spend extra money for the adapters for everything but some come with a couple different PLCC adapters. Those are the only ones I’ve used for elevators.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Which cpu board you using the CPU40 or the CPU561 that requires a kone sim card to load the board.software?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ok, thanks buddy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It’s an CPU40. It was in the pic, just upside down. Should that Dallas Ram chip work for either CPU?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This little Hermit Shell case fits the TL866ii perfectly (tight)

https://www.amazon.com/Hermitshell-20000mAh-Portable-Charger-External/dp/B01N2Y8WTJ

Or this one if you prefer a little color. It’s also about 1/8” thicker so not quite as tight

https://www.amazon.com/Hermitshell-Travel-Fujifilm-Smartphone-Printer/dp/B0825KZRM9

I also tried a Case Logic TBC-403 soft camera case. It’s a great fit too and you could probably stuff it into a tighter space if needed but maybe not as much protection as those firm-shell cases.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The Dallas Chip works for both, CPU40 and CPU561. I had to have a programmer that would program OTP Bipolar Proms like 74S188 open collector and tri state 74S288 Proms plus PAL chips. The expensive Dataman covered all.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top