Elevator Forum

KCM Hydro Reynolds ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

KCM Hydro Reynolds & Reynolds

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,688 Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38692]
I'm really hoping someone can help me with this. We installed this battery lowering unit on an older KCM hydro and I have not been able to get it to respond correctly to get it inspected. First I was trying to activate X5/5 and X5/6 on option board 1 like I have on newer controllers but the car stayed on auto. Sometimes you'd see 4-1 change to a 4 really quick before going back to 0 but sometimes not. I found a version of the print that shows X5/5 jumped to X5/7 instead of X5/6 (not the print on site.) So when I do that the mode goes to EPD (4) and stays 4 but if the car is already at any floor the doors just open and stay that way. if I trigger it between floors the car will recall down to 1 and open the doors but they never close, always have door open command lit. I've also tried using just the X5/5 input and in that case the car recalls on EPD but goes back to auto as soon as the doors open at 1. None of the parameters seem to have any affect either but 1:64=1, 1:65=0, but I've also tried 1, 2, & 3. 7:45=0, 7:46=0 but I've tried 1, 2, & 3 too. 7:47=0 but tried 1 & 2. 7:48=0, 7:49 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, etc (its a simplex.) 7:50=1, 7:51 only goes up to 254 but tried that, 0, 10, 20, 100, 200. 7:52 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, etc. 7:53=120, 7:54=15. The CPU software version is 5.5.6 800651 and the LCE UI is 4.44.

Thank You!



   
Quote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Look at 7-35 maybe that's why the doors stay open. It's been so long since I adjusted this stuff.



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is parameter 1-87 a 0? If not I wonder if that is causing inference

Also I wonder if the 7-51 has to be 255 (I know you are limited to 254) I was reading a change from 2006 saying “update value 255 description” description reads: 255 = RESQPAK or North American EBD

CPU40?



   
ReplyQuote
 Kyo
(@Kyo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you try changing 1-64 to 0



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I’ll have to check 7:35, pretty sure 1:87 is 0 and I have tried 1:64=0. It is a CPU40. I wonder if 1:87 does have to be set to 1 or 3 if 7:51 can’t be 255?



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
1-87 says it’s not used in North America but if you’re going behind somebody it’s worth it to check. Strange problem, at his point I would almost condemn the cpu / software.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lowoil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It wouldn't hurt to look at trying the option board. A job we had lost a ccbn from storms and fire service didn't work after. Grabbed a spare option board from another car in the building. I remember these jobs were shipped with a couple board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by MX4
1-87 says it’s not used in North America but if you’re going behind somebody it’s worth it to check. Strange problem, at his point I would almost condemn the cpu / software.

When I look at an LCE UI list old enough to show 7:51 only going to 254, 1:87 says nothing about not used in NA. Just EBD function must be enabled by this parameter. I be that’s it.. Software is just so old 1:87 does have to be used.

I did order an option board and have it but since I’ve tried every combination of inputs 5,6,&7 I know that the controller responds to all of them.



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
[img] https://imgur.com/a/PHKxiy1 [/img]

It’s worth a try either way



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just found the parameter list for my version UI 4.44
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-12-30 at 12.47.13 PM.png (100.17 KB, 15 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice one! I didn’t pay attention to the UI version!

Last edited by MX4; 12/30/24 10:36 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This is what I was looking at v4.34. Probably the same but the description is sure better on the v4.44.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-12-30 at 12.23.44 PM.png (109.21 KB, 8 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you go there today?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No, try for tomorrow



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well Crap… Here now, with 1:87 set to 1 I get a constant 3401 fault. I thought the ResQpaq was all discrete like a Reynolds and Reynolds but this looks like there’s supposed to be a board on the LON for it. With 7:51 at 0 the car never recovers from between floors, had to have a value. With 1:87 set to 1 while I have the constant fault the car still runs but acts exactly the same as before with any of the combinations of inputs. I think I’m probably looking at a software update. Does anyone have an old KCM hydro with a ResQpaq that can tell me if there’s a LON board and if not, what the parameters are set to?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top