Elevator Forum

KCM 831 with 16L dr...
 
Notifications
Clear all

KCM 831 with 16L drive

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,899 Views
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#20046]
When I get to the job, the fault buffer is completely filled with mostly 01 08 drive /tacho faults with a few 00 36 faults. I can clear buffer and it will run for hours flawlessly and not log any faults. When I go back a few days later the buffer is filled again. The maintenance guy says the unit has problems leveling but I've never seen it. I see the 01 08 fault can be caused by the tach, the brake not picking, the load weigher, etc. Has anyone had a similar issue and what is the most probable cause?



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What is the sub code for the 108?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check the rubber tire on the tach gen. The when it wears down it won't make good contact with the sheave. I think that would give you a 2009 sub code.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I didn't check subcode but will tmrw. For some reason I always forget those until after I've cleared faults. I'll also check rubber tire.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Do I just press select/accept button again once I'm looking at the fault to get the subcode?



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've always replaced thosed O-Rings on the tach wheel even though I had one running once without an O-Ring. It broke and fell off and the car was still running. It was making a hell of a noise, I thought I had a cable off of the sheave.

Last edited by E-man; 03/30/17 01:27 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The tach on the motor isn't an O-ring, it's molded on



   
ReplyQuote
(@Dmhughes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi, you could try Servicing the Tacho, brushes out, take the back off, careful not to lose the thrust washer at the back, blow dust out, don't inhale, it's awful maybe Vac it out! and clean Com up with very fine emery paper, and check the rubber wheel hasn't come loose, check the grub screw! Good luck

Dave



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Governor position encoder. You're right, I shouldn't of called it a tach.



   
ReplyQuote
(@maart)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi, have you checked traction? Try empty car down each floor from top floor and check rope slip, anything more than 20mm not good. If rope slip is present check for friction, especially when car at top floor where it can be worse. Also check for lubrication of guide rails. Reduce rate of acceleration. If traction not improved check rope tensions equal and quality of hoist ropes.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top