Elevator Forum

Installing Movfr 2 ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Installing Movfr 2 on dover DMC hydro

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,576 Views
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40715]
Hello asking about mod work fitment installing MOVFR 2 .So I'm hearing that we need to order COMPACT MOVFR 2 if we have holless jack this is a LH 36" single speed .looking in hoistway front jack is on the return side RH side. company has already ordered standard MOVFR 2 wanted to know if this would fit tia.



   
Quote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I hope you're doing a full mod



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If it's a dmc hydro I think you already have a problem trying to put a movfr2 on it. I don't think you can separate the door signals from the current door operator board to give the gal door op commands. If it's like a , 4 slot oildraulic and the piston comes up the front behind the return you do need the compact operator. I'm sure with enough extra work and modifications you could cut the regular operator up and make it work but it would be silly to do so. I would also recommend getting a gal header and cutting it down to fit and installing that before you start. I've done several of these and came up with a pretty solid, repeatable, way of doing them. Pm me you're email if you have more questions



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In this day and age I would not recommend the use of a harmonic door operator, especially on completely new installs. GAL is the last man standing making those and if anything happens to their product line (obsolescence), failing molds, etc. You will be forced to upgrade to linear. This was similar to the era of mechanical push-bar door retractors. GAL was the last man standing and they had to stop due to a shot mold that was too expensive to repair/rebuild due to non-contact magic eye detectors becoming the norm. If you do decide to go with harmonic, I would put in place a contingency plan to upgrade to linear in case worst comes to worse.

Here are some options I would consider.
1. Convert operator to linear using the Wittur AMD, SGV, or LD-16 full operator designed to upgrade old Miami Elevator HD equipment. In this cause, you will only need to replace hardware on the cab door side.

2. If you are replacing the Miami Elevator controller and wish to keep the Miami HD operator, You could just order the new MOVFR3 control box and motor, not the while operator. This is a setup similar to MCE Smartraq. You can buy the GAL or the MCE equipment. Install on existing Miami Elevator HD operator (motor and logic). Keep in mind though, TK has rendered the HD operators obsolete. It may be difficult to source mechanical components, especially for older Miami Elevator versions. The advantage is that both products don't have physical limit switches; however, if you prefer to physical limits, the thing to do is order the MOVFE linear components (not the whole operator). Then mount limit switches/detectors to door panels, along with motor and logic box, and off you go.

3. Replace existing harmonic operator (just operator, not skate, hangers, etc) with either the Wittur drive only kit or the GAL MONXT-OMNI kit. Both are linear and are designed for retrofit use. Remove old Miami Elevator operator. You can also do this with an Otis Glide A or P.

Last edited by JJR; 02/26/26 06:39 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If the cylinder comes up through the center in the front by operator I'm not sure a linear operator would fit in that space.
Also I've never seen a dmc talk to another type of operator. Can you post a like to that ld-16 where it says it will talk to a dmc? I haven't been able to locate any documents for that operator or any other that specifically says it electrically works with a dmc.

Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The only operators that can talk to a DMC are HD85 & 98. What I as referring to in my post are recommendations in the case of a controller change. If for any reason you have to co with a controller change, I'd strongly advise to stay clear of SmartRise. You're best bets are TAC32, MCE, or VCI.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is now an interface board to put an LD-16 operator on a DMC. There is no way to adapt a discrete operator to a DMC-1 controller



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well, if that's the case and you're not changing the controller, I would return the MOVFR equipment and purchase the LD-16 mod version or drive only depending on which is more suitable for your job.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Call Hytech - Orlando FL

https://www.hytecrepair.com/Default.aspx?PageID=ContactAndSupport

They have a DMC1 interface to connect any discrete Door Op.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's awesome I've been waiting for someone to do that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That’s great, does anyone have a picture or price for this thing



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I went on to the website and can't find anything in their products list that that jumps out as a discreet conversion board or anything like that. I'm going to see if I can have the office call this week and get some information.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In the 2K range. Available today, in the elevator world magazine this month also.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
O nice. I called and talked to someone who said they'd have another person call me with detail and to answer questions and that hasn't happened yet



   
ReplyQuote
(@NOTIME)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
From EW
Attachments
IMG_1527.jpeg (71.23 KB, 63 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top