Elevator Forum

Information on the ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Information on the "Pixel" Elevator Controls

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.7 K Views
(@rompkinron)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8345]
To all members,
I am considering purchasing a couple of Elevator Controls "Pixel" controllers and their serial/ezlink systen. I was wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with these products. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!



   
Quote
(@sccjr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Of the non-proprietary elevator control companys I dislike EC the second most behind smartrise. Being an adjuster/troubleshooter I find their literature the worst. Their tech support give the field mechanics the minimum amount of installation and troubleshooting guides. They want you to be dependent on their tech support engineers but that does little for the mechanic on a Friday night trouble call. Everybody has their opinion and this is mine. Pay the extra for motion control.



   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've got to agree, go with either MCE or GAL, you'll get a soli product and solid support to go with it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@mustang)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I m not very familiar with the pixel but their older units are some of the best and easiest to troubleshoot I have several that I take care of with very little problem in some cases you may need tech support but for the most part one of my favorite controllers the prints are easy to read GAL also makes a nice controller



   
ReplyQuote
(@billvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
MCE is the one i like the best....great product that just about any company can walk in and work on. tech support and parts are easy to work with and very good product with little hassle.



   
ReplyQuote
(@VATORMAN17)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've got one KONE KCM 831, a few pixcels , a hand full of smartrise, a grip of motion, a whole bunch of prehistoric RELIABLE-{until you need parts}, VIRGINIA & DELTAS on my route and the least problematic has been MOTION. The MOST TROUBLESOME AWARD GOES TO- wait for it, wait, wait, "KONE KCM 831" by a cab length then "ELEVATOR CONTROLS" takes second.

Last edited by VATORMAN17; 05/19/15 07:03 AM. Reason: error


   
ReplyQuote
(@smartriseguy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What is it you hate about Smartrise so much. Their tech support is top notch and they produce more than enough documentation?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top