Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

IMS

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.1 K Views
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26780]
Beware all you guys with IMS, I heard that Thyssen is changing all the Max units (Like Otis Rem) to wipe out Older versions of IMS. You have been warned.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Someone just asked be about this. I have to say I have no knowledge of anything like this and I don’t even see how it could be possible. What are they putting Malware on your computer? I know of several TK mechanics running older versions of IMS without any problems. I guess if you’re really afraid, don’t connect through the BlueBox Max but I don’t know why you would even have it still connected if this is a concern. But I won’t hesitate to come back and eat my words on this thread if I find out otherwise.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They don't need to put malware on a computer to disallow a site key. All it needs the right subroutine in memory. Thyssen has very high security possible. They are replacing and updating max units all over, obviously for a reason. Also they are making software so you have to get a site key to install it.

Last edited by Rolly; 04/28/19 04:06 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 TC7
(@TC7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've not heard of this, and I would be skeptical to believe it. What about Owners IMS and Machine Room monitor? If this were true then how would those stay working? Its they same program, just different features unlocked by site key.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
TC7, if you work for Thyssen you know they are updating ALL Max units. If not.. be warned. It is also a simple task when installing to allow building units.

Last edited by Rolly; 04/30/19 03:27 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 TC7
(@TC7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well I can definitely agree that if there was any possible way for TKE to accomplish this, then they definitely would. The IMS version floating around out there at other companies is a bootleg version that was essentially stolen by ex employee who figured out permanent unlock versus annual expiration like the office version that TKE field guys have. So they would absolutely call this recovering intellectual property, if they broke the bootleg version.

They constantly update Max software, even if a non provisioned unit that was lost to another company. If its powered up and has good cell phone signal, it will update .

But would the stand alone blue box Max unit have to be plugged into directly to boot the site key? I've always unplugged Max unit to plug in any IMS laptop/tablet tool. Perhaps multi group situation where you unplug one but other are connected through controller network.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I also haven’t heard of this mass replacement/ updating of max units. I put in more than half the units in my city and I would know about it if it was happening here. Eventually all the blue box units will have to be replaced because they’re 3G and that’s going away. The eMax units are just a modem, the CPUA is partitioned and runs Max in the background.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I heard it puts something in memory that knows, even if you disconnect it. Then you have to reboot controller with it disconnected.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Chainring)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any more details here? Literally shopping for a good source for IMS as we speak..😩



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"Details"...just sent you a message



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jimmytwotimes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Once the max unit is installed, the ims communication goes through the max unit using the cpua version of ims, not the standard version. But you should be able to unplug the max unit and communicate right to the cpu with standard ims.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Player1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Tamperprufe, care to share those "details" with me? I have also been on the lookout for IMS.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tamperprufe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
sure, PM me



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top