I just took over a GEN2 job and the car to lobby switch at the lobby panel is not operating. Switch rings out fine, it appears to be set up, but the building insists its never worked. Does this have to be activated by a parameter? I can not find anything in manuals. Any info would help.
I am pretty green to Otis equipment. Does each lift have an RSL card at the lobby panel?
My lobby panel has a car to lobby switch for each car. It is a 3 position spring loaded switch: car to lobby, 0 (neutral pos.), and park.
When the key switch is turned on, it will give the signal to the RSL.
Check the address on the RSL seeing which links are on on which are off. The binary code will be 1 2 4 8 16.So seeing which pins are on you can come to know the address on the RSL.
Then this address and the input pin number you set for the address 1290 on the controller. For example
If links 123 are on, in the RSL, then the address will be 7. And if you have used input number 1 to connect the CTL switch to the then the address is 07/1. So input this on 1290.
Hope this helps. I stopped working since 2008, so my apologies for the incorrect info in my previous post which was corrected by another member. All the best.
IT LOOKS LIKE EACH CAR HAS A SWITCH GOING TO AN RS-5 CARD
6 dip switches
1 and 2 are down the other four are up.
Dip switches give me an address of 60 -
If I identify what input the switch is on, let’s say it’s on E5
Then I’m looking at 60/5 for 1290…