Notifications
Clear all
29/06/2014 6:08 am
Yes (but not standing up for the mmanufacturers) if they got it from them it is illegal to have it..yes yes I know dont shoot me, I also know it feels good when you get hold of some info that noone else has outside that company!!!
29/06/2014 5:19 pm
Originally Posted By: kiwinightstalker
Yes (but not standing up for the mmanufacturers) if they got it from them it is illegal to have it..yes yes I know dont shoot me, I also know it feels good when you get hold of some info that noone else has outside that company!!!
Pah.. They are all up to it.. TKE even have ITS that created for this purpose.
29/06/2014 10:11 pm
More the reason to go Non-proprietary....Or let everyone have the tools needed to access the equipment like the auto manufacturers do? They have classes that qualify a person to work on equipment, Why can't that happen in our industry? As a union member I hear we need to give these work hours up to technological advances? It would seem these advancements should now sent the ball back and make it easier and safer to work on these products? My computer get serviced by an authorized or qualified tech that doesn't work for HP? How does that happen? And when I brought my computer to HP...They told me they would credit me to help pay for a new laptop? That's called a modernization in our language and it still working to this day? Repaired by someone else not OEM?
29/06/2014 10:27 pm
Totally agree, especially since the riding public's safety is involved...
Originally Posted By: halfpick
More the reason to go Non-proprietary....Or let everyone have the tools needed to access the equipment like the auto manufacturers do? They have classes that qualify a person to work on equipment, Why can't that happen in our industry? As a union member I hear we need to give these work hours up to technological advances? It would seem these advancements should now sent the ball back and make it easier and safer to work on these products? My computer get serviced by an authorized or qualified tech that doesn't work for HP? How does that happen? And when I brought my computer to HP...They told me they would credit me to help pay for a new laptop? That's called a modernization in our language and it still working to this day? Repaired by someone else not OEM?
29/06/2014 11:12 pm
We should also be notifed of any accident (causes and concerns) and future fixes on elevator equipment for these problems. The owners of these units should be notified also! Just like the automotive industry! Remember the GM keyswitch problems of late! I know....How do you get it out to the masses? Well we have association we all belong too Union or Non Union and all the consultants are grouped together in some form of association. Don't we preach that elevators are the "safest" mode of transportation? Now we need to act like it?
01/07/2014 6:20 am
Halfpick, I couldn't agree more. As the safest mode of transportation known to man think how much safer we really could be. We are one of the few if not the only modes of public transportation that are not federally regulated. If there is a plane or train accident it is investigated thoroughly and a full report is made public that will include time temperature and even humidity. And of course all the pertinent details of the accident along with suggestions or mandates to make Shure these accidents do not happen again. In our industry it is hard to get any information on the cause of malfunctions or accidents. If a small company is involved you will immediately hear their name on the news. Larger companies do much better at keeping their names from being attached with these problems. And when these cases finally reach court they are mainly settled with stipulations that the compensation amounts be held secret along with no accusations of fault can be made by the plaintiffs. It is my belief that until companies are held to their own standards things will only get worse. When I say their own standards I refer to when check charts were mandated by manufacturing companies to ensure proper maintenance was done on weekly monthly or yearly basis. My question is how the same equipment that is now 20 years old now only needs less than a quarter of the maintenance time it needed when it was brand-new?
06/07/2014 11:23 am
This is what happens when you let lawyers run a company. I use to
think all these issues were motivated by greed. I now realize that it is stupidity. (Just like the US CONGRESS) North America is only about 7 percent of their business, so they dont care. The plan is to get grab all the bucks they can and when the business tanks, so be it. As most know, otis is the only OEM left doing any engineering in the US and that is quickly ending as well. How many more will be killed or injured before change comes? I think I wont live to see it. I thought NYC'S hi profile
deaths would change it. NOT!!
think all these issues were motivated by greed. I now realize that it is stupidity. (Just like the US CONGRESS) North America is only about 7 percent of their business, so they dont care. The plan is to get grab all the bucks they can and when the business tanks, so be it. As most know, otis is the only OEM left doing any engineering in the US and that is quickly ending as well. How many more will be killed or injured before change comes? I think I wont live to see it. I thought NYC'S hi profile
deaths would change it. NOT!!
Page 2 / 2
Prev