Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
09/11/2013 11:08 am
This doco was aired recently here. Nothing new for us but still interesting especially the guy stuck over a weekend.
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/55084099853/Trapped-In-An-Elevator
This video will expire soon so get while you can.
Last edited by uppo72; 11/09/13 03:10 AM.
09/11/2013 4:10 pm
Aired on public access here in the states, interesting story.
09/11/2013 10:51 pm
Would like to watch it but I get this message. "This content is currently unavailable"
Topic starter
10/11/2013 9:20 am
Originally Posted By: E-man
Would like to watch it but I get this message. "This content is currently unavailable"
I just checked it out and it still works so maybe this is a area internet thing. Try again asap.
10/11/2013 9:34 am
This might be the same program I watched on PBS, shows a guy stuck in the elevator over the weekend. If this is the same show it was not the fault of the elevator company sounds more to the security people not doing their job, I don't remember its been a while since I watched it either the guy who was to be monitoring the phones or watching the camera did not do his job. The video says its unavailable on my end too.
With all the redundant safety factors on elevators and the amount of people we safely move a day........stairs are never broke.
Topic starter
10/11/2013 7:05 pm
Yeah SB I think this is the same video and is a little dated. I would add I find the fact that the emergency phone going to a security station a little disconcerning and wouldn't trust it at all. At least the system should have a re routing function if no answer to the actual elevator company or directly in the first place. I still would argue to the noise levels of the emergency bell must be scrutinised as well as it appears the lift company performed work over the week end and didn't hear anything. Either way this is a disgrace and gave all of us a bad name irrespective of the fact it wasn't the lift companies fault.
10/11/2013 11:04 pm
If it's the one you guys are talking about, narrated by John Lithgow then I've seen it.
I agree, several things made this a bad situation. The emergency phone in the car should have been working and programmed to call at least two 24 hour man-ed phones with the ability to identify the car and building without the help of the passenger. Also, the alarm bell should have been ringing in hoistway near the Lobby since the 110VAC cab light circuit was still working. I've never known or heard of anybody relying on the security camera but the dude that was stuck kept saying he couldn't understand why anyone didn't notice him on the camera. They said that Rockerfeller Management and the Elevator Co. said it was a power dip that caused the car to stop.
I agree, several things made this a bad situation. The emergency phone in the car should have been working and programmed to call at least two 24 hour man-ed phones with the ability to identify the car and building without the help of the passenger. Also, the alarm bell should have been ringing in hoistway near the Lobby since the 110VAC cab light circuit was still working. I've never known or heard of anybody relying on the security camera but the dude that was stuck kept saying he couldn't understand why anyone didn't notice him on the camera. They said that Rockerfeller Management and the Elevator Co. said it was a power dip that caused the car to stop.
Last edited by E-man; 11/10/13 03:05 PM.
Topic starter
11/11/2013 7:50 am
Originally Posted By: E-man
If it's the one you guys are talking about, narrated by John Lithgow then I've seen it.
I agree, several things made this a bad situation. The emergency phone in the car should have been working and programmed to call at least two 24 hour man-ed phones with the ability to identify the car and building without the help of the passenger. Also, the alarm bell should have been ringing in hoistway near the Lobby since the 110VAC cab light circuit was still working. I've never known or heard of anybody relying on the security camera but the dude that was stuck kept saying he couldn't understand why anyone didn't notice him on the camera. They said that Rockerfeller Management and the Elevator Co. said it was a power dip that caused the car to stop.
I agree, several things made this a bad situation. The emergency phone in the car should have been working and programmed to call at least two 24 hour man-ed phones with the ability to identify the car and building without the help of the passenger. Also, the alarm bell should have been ringing in hoistway near the Lobby since the 110VAC cab light circuit was still working. I've never known or heard of anybody relying on the security camera but the dude that was stuck kept saying he couldn't understand why anyone didn't notice him on the camera. They said that Rockerfeller Management and the Elevator Co. said it was a power dip that caused the car to stop.
Yep Eman that's the video we are talking about. I agree, I've never heard of elevator phones who don't at least go to 24hr manned security rooms or monitoring of lift function via lift camera's(most coms here are fake anyway). Just farcical all round.