Elevator Forum

Elevator Controls C...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Elevator Controls Co

15 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
25.4 K Views
(@gs264)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12029]
What do you guys think about Elevator Controls? We have been using MCE for quite awhile and we are considering trying EC but we have not seen there products in the field. Whats your opinion on them? Pros or cons? Hows there tech support? Thanks



   
Quote
(@bayblue)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't have any complaints, have quite a few on service and have had very few problems. Tech support has been good but I've only had to call a handful of times. They have an oriental guy (I forgot his name) that I've talked to a few times for trouble shooting and he's very good at identifying problems and working through them quickly. I'd definitely recommend downloading the HEX pdf if you don't already have it as it can save you some time. Overall functionality seems good, I like the prints as well. I'm also only familiar with their hydro controllers just fyi.



   
ReplyQuote
(@cucuvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you buy EC ,buy Pixel our company has 3 of them in service with only few call backs, on hidro I prefer MCE or Smart Rise, the EC H900 have a lot of trouble with the HLS-7 board and giving some headaches.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm with cucuvator, pixel is fine, but the h900 will give you a big headache. Tech support is ok. the hydro product is ok. In my opinion, there are to many boards with the hydro, same as motion control. Smart Rise would be my choice for hydro.
stay away from the h900 if you want to keep your customers happy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@cucuvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Another option is the Virginia Control , no issues but a lot of wiring.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any of you guys try Vertitron for a control? We have one on service....... Simple, one-two boards, and Steve Romnes is really good.

I think they only make Hydros, not traction controls.



   
ReplyQuote
(@cucuvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any others opinions about Vertitron? I would like to test it first.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a few at he last company I worked at! Really good Stuff! Never had a problem!



   
ReplyQuote
(@N.W.GUY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Take a look at the GAL GALaxy controls. They're very nice. EC is pretty good, if you get a traction, pixel is the way to go. Good luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Monte Ball
Any of you guys try Vertitron for a control? We have one on service....... Simple, one-two boards, and Steve Romnes is really good.

I think they only make Hydros, not traction controls.

I've got a couple Vertitron traction cars on my route.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Vertitron used to make traction controls but not anymore. My company had installed some n the mid 90s. Vertitron does make some of the most reliable controls Ive ever seen, very rare to have issues. Some of their early stuff could be obsolete soon I hear, due to some component level parts that are getting harder to source. But is has been my experiance if they dont see water or lighting damage they will run forever.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Actually fixed a Vertitron last night on call. We have a bunch usually in department stores. They seem ok.To me it is a little over the top to really even need a uP on a two or three stop hydro but that is the world we work in.
EC controls look like a MCE clone of the older controls. I think both companies may have been offshoots from the demise of US Elevator. Certainly the EC retains the old power bus naming and relay logic. Their relay board is very similar to MCE except they use 120 vdc instead of 120vac.
I adjusted a few of these about 10 yrs ago. I remember some software issues on emergency power. I also remember some dude from India who I couldn't understand a word he said on the phone. I guess we as Americans can't produce engineers anymore. It is pathetic.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I heard one of the two guys that started MCE split off and started EC (not sure how accurate that is). I have some that run pretty good all things considered.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev8ed1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Smartrise has a great hydro controller. I've installed 20 or so and prefer these over the aforementioned hydro controllers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@evilshedd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ME and EC have good controllers I tried them both out several years ago when Vertical Xpress took the icon controller away and left us to fend for ourselves before they were ready with the Swift controller. My Preference is smartrise. Best commercial hydro controller I have ever used.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top