Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Kone KCM drive

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,829 Views
(@chicago)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12022]
Any drive made before 2011,has bad Intel chip.
Intel will not warranty these bad chips.



   
Quote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
is there any way I can get some information on this -- literature on the bad chip / something?

Thanks for all your help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te79)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is this in any relation to the 0026 fault ? Or the obsolete product ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The main fault was an 0026 fault. It turned out to be a bad drive. We replaced it, programmed it, and car is doing fine. I was just wondering if there was any literature, recall literature, (anything) from Kone or Intel that stated some of these drives had bad chips. That is all I was asking. Sorry, wasn't clear.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also -- they said we might be able to get 250 dollars for the faulty drive.....any comments on this would help. Where? we have it posted on some sites, etc.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The main fault was an 0026 fault. It turned out to be a bad drive. We replaced it, programmed it, and car is doing fine. I was just wondering if there was any literature, recall literature, (anything) from Kone or Intel that stated some of these drives had bad chips. That is all I was asking. Sorry, wasn't clear.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev^te79)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No I wanna know too where Chicago got this info ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@chicago)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hello guys, I work for Kone.
I was on phone with top tech support FROM Kone regarding a mi prom drive issue, we were talking about all the bad drives on KCM, he told me about Intel chip. I will call him and ask about more recall paper work or memos.
Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Chicago... Thanks so much. Did u get any literature / paperwork?



   
ReplyQuote
(@SilentKiller)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Chicago tell the hook and rock I said what's up!

Last edited by SilentKiller; 10/09/14 04:35 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top