Elevator Forum

ecospace traction w...
 
Notifications
Clear all

ecospace traction w/KMC831 controler no fire svc

22 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
32.6 K Views
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3097]
I have never worked on a kone ecospace, or this controler we just picked up 17 elevators at a job, and this thing. The first problem is I have is no fire svc. When I first saw the job the fire svc hall switch was in the on position, and just running like normal. None of the fire svc key switches do anything. I think they have them for looks. Is this programed in to the controler, or maybe its turned off? Also if you have any general info on these corks, ect.... Thanks any helps appreciated. Don't you wish that sales people would let you survey jobs before they sign svc contracts?



   
Quote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
LOL like what we see in a survey makes a difference. the higher ups just see $$$. unfortunately a lot of times the $$$ goes back into the units. its job security.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you ask your boss?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can you find out from the building engineer how it has managed pass an inspection? We have a few "coffee shop" inspectors where I work too. I would imagine that the key switch probably is not wired or wired wrong and the smoke detector inputs are jumped out. Sales people never make mistakes lol. After all, if it has the company name on the car sill then that it is all they need to know ...right.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorman15)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check parameter 1-62. fire service on is 1. off is 0.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Vatorman15 they were closed today I will try that on monday. I am afraid to ask the building engineer anything until its fixed. I would prefer him not to know. Vic the conversation with my boss started off with me saying what the hell! But If everything was easy to fix we would be out of a job. Thanks guys
enjoy your weekend.



   
ReplyQuote
(@chitownslick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is also parameter 7-38 for the smoke detectors 1-0n 0-off. Sometimes when people are having trouble with the smokes the turn off fire service at 1-62



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Chitown
Sounds like the perfect topic for our next safety meeting! I would hope that we as responsible professionals would see the potential danger of that choice!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would imagine it works and as has been suggested, a parameter has been turned off. A lot of that junk goes on nowadays when a company loses a contract. Parameters get changed, prints disappear, etc, etc..

I don't get it, but it happens every day.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
update...........it was not a parameter change. 1-62 is set to 1 and 7-38 is 1. There is no voltage to the fire srv key switches I had to leave again. I am going to start tracing out the circut, hopfully it just a loose plug.

Thanks,
eric



   
ReplyQuote
(@theshaft)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There will not be its referanced to ground through the lcehas board in the shaft sent to the controller through the network



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
try a lon upload sometimes the keyswitches are on boards and these are serial linked, Kone will sabotage, an upload will sync everything



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There was a Kone job in California that was running, being serviced by an independendt elevator company. Then two representatives from Kone showed up on the job. The next thing that happened im chronology is that some encoder wires got swapped, and the unit can't run at all like that. The independent service company swapped the wires back, and the unit ran once again. I'm not making any allegations here, just relating story the way I heard it from the mechanic



   
ReplyQuote
(@theshaft)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If the boar was bad you would get a 1401 1402 or what ever floor control board it was in the shaft usually the print will show you the pin count to trouble shoot it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
UPDATE>>>>>>>
The recall now works, and fire srv works if I turn it on from the controller, the key switches both go into a serial link board, ordered, going to replace will report back

Thanks guys

P.S. What is a lon upload? How is it done?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top