Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
02/02/2017 9:37 pm
I've got a dover solid state 3 stop installed in 1982. It runs up on auto and up and down on inspection. When it runs down on auto from 3rd floor it goes into high speed but when it comes off top slowdown it stops and immediately goes back up to 3rd floor. When it leaves the 2nd floor it comes off the up slowdown for the 2nd floor stops and goes back up. When the car goes back up to the floor it started at it re tries the run and it keeps doing the same thing. I've replaced all cards, Checked slowdown circuits, leveling circuits, and everything else all the way back to the pins on the back of the card slots. Voltages all check out and slots the cards slide into look good as well. Has anyone had a issue with these units that could give me direction to go in
03/02/2017 2:27 am
I would start at the down valve coils "Is S or D dropping out" and work back from there. Look in your PM...
03/02/2017 4:59 am
did u check your slowdown limit?
Topic starter
03/02/2017 6:52 am
S doesn't drop out but d does and the up relays pick the instant d drops. It's like something in the logic of the boards doesn't like what it sees (inputs or inhibiters for the gates) when the unit is in between floors and not on any slowdowns in the down direction . I've got a block diagram for the card's test points but it's kinda hard to follow because there are places in the circuits that don't have test points. It also doesn't have an option card so that should make it a little more simple.
03/02/2017 8:52 pm
How bout 1a and ta relays
Topic starter
03/02/2017 10:40 pm
1a and ta seem fine especially their nc contacts. Another thing, if I jump out the slowdown it stop after coming off of, it will continue to run until it hut the next slowdown. Like I'm tricking it for a moment and it think it's not between floors until it sees two slowdown at the same time other than 2su and 2sd.
Topic starter
03/02/2017 10:45 pm
I've got to figure out what it's seeing or not seeing when it's "between landings"? And it's more than likely something I wouldn't expect.
04/02/2017 11:39 am
Have you replaced any boards yet?
04/02/2017 8:54 pm
it could be one of the slow down switch's at the bottom floor
Topic starter
04/02/2017 9:13 pm
I've swapped all boards with ones from another controller that was working fine. I've also checked & cleaned contacts, Checked every inch of wiring from switches back to pins on the back of board slots for slowdowns and leveling sensors, I've checked input voltages for slowdowns and sensors at pins on board slots, and I've used crocus cloth to cleaned the slots to board connection points. Interlock, gate , dcl, safety edge, safety circuit all check out fine too. The only thing I haven't done is set the building on fire...yet!
04/02/2017 9:46 pm
I have only had board, valve and door issues.
I've always heard to make sure that the main filter cap is good and you don't have any ripple on the DC.
Last edited by E-man; 02/04/17 01:58 PM.
05/02/2017 9:14 am
Heres a shot...
Bad leveling inductor?
Bad leveling inductor?
05/02/2017 9:50 pm
Did you try disconnecting the fast speed coil and call it to run down?
Topic starter
05/02/2017 10:18 pm
Jkh, no I haven't but I'll see what happens when I do Monday morning. Elmcannic, I've checked leveling inductors all the way back to card slots but I will try swapping them around to see if problem changes. Eman, I'll also check for ac ripple, I think all I've done so far is just check the dc voltage for the 24 and 5. Thanks for the tips.
05/02/2017 11:18 pm
Someone above said to check ripple on DC. Very good suggestion. Does the call you registered to run the car cancel when the car levels back to the floor? If it does your power is probably bad somewhere. Does it do the same both directions or only down? Make sure the 24V and 5V do not drop when car starts, This would be an indication of a bad filter and ripple. Do not let the 5v drop below 4.8. If you have to adjust 5v to 5.2v. If the call does go out when it levels back you probably rebooted power supply for some reason. I believe there are some relays and it is possible for an armature rivets loose and contacts not making. Examine all the relays carefully. Good Luck.
Page 1 / 2
Next