Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dover solid state

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.8 K Views
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Call doesn't cancel. When it relevels back into floor the doors open, close, and then it tries to run down again without having to register another call. It only does this in the down direction. I've checked all relays but I will double check and also double check the bases.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have scanned books for these controllers but the .pdf files are huge. If you have a drop box I can send them to it. Way to big to email. PM me info for send instructions if you need the books.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
THANKS Rolly, but I have a lot on these including the troubleshooting manual, block diagrams, prints, Backplate charts and diagrams, etc. I really appreciate everyone's tips and willingness to provide stuff like this. I just know it's going to turn out to be something fairly simple that I overlooked.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Sammy1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey guys I have a unit doing this exact thing, what was the issue in the end?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Sammy1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello
The unit we are working on was installed in 1972 and had the exact issue of running correctly on inspection and in the up direction on auto.
However, on auto in the down direction as soon as it came off of the position switch it would stop and run back up to the floor.

The fix was adding a 250 Mfd cap between 24D and PC. This is mentioned in one of the manuals, Never needed it the first 54 years but does today.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top