Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dover 1980’s Print

22 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
23.6 K Views
 M2RE
(@M2RE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26593]
Does anyone has any manual or print similar to this Dover? There is no information about this one and I’m experiencing a lot of trouble with this Dover.
Attachments
C10CCA5C-E090-4B93-8C98-EC8F2F9E662C.jpeg (226.3 KB, 284 downloads)
70C7DACA-A0E6-499C-B079-6FD332ADB3C5.jpeg (149.51 KB, 197 downloads)



   
Quote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can't tell from your pics, but it looks like the IBM relay units, but either way you can take the job number off the data tag and order prints thru vertical express that are job specific. I would order new yellow jacket relays from world electronics for it if your not familiar with maintaining the IBM relays.

What kind of problems are you having?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Chainring)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those are all Potter Brumfield relays, not a Wire Contact Relay (WCR), but I’ve not seen a controller layout just like that. What year is it?

Last edited by Chainring; 04/27/19 01:07 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No that is a WCR, the IBM relays are on the other side of the door.



   
ReplyQuote
 M2RE
(@M2RE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well I’m not sure of the year of this elevator. Was looking the best with tags but dint had much luck. I found this controller tag. Might help you
Attachments
B720C510-9BFE-4E54-9820-E98D943281E1.jpeg (2.01 MB, 139 downloads)

Last edited by M2RE; 04/28/19 02:14 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 M2RE
(@M2RE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Exactly. The IBM are in the slide door in the side. Do you guys know what type of controller is this? This is definitely an Dover but it must be an early generation, the layout is just like a composite but has a slide different since is a hydraulic. I don’t think is a composite though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
IDWT called it....it’s a WCR...from the 80’s.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ll send you something on it today



   
ReplyQuote
 M2RE
(@M2RE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Great, that was really helpful thanks guys!!🙌🏻🤙🏼



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When you are working on it, remember that there are two different IBM relays on the front, you can't swap them with each other. Also when you reseat the relays, you need to make sure the bases didn't push out the back side.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya, CC, DC, & UC are 32vdc. They’re supposed to have a black coil but you may or may not be able to tell.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Eleventh Place)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a Dover Elevator installed in 1980. I can't find the original "E" job number so I haven't been successful obtaining prints for it. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. The sticker I have on the unit shows:
Dover Elevators
Equipment #777
MFG Serial # 217051
Any ideas? Perhaps someone has an "E" code from the same unit?
Thanks,
Bill



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You might locate the C-##### job number on the crosshead data tag. Traction car? WCR?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Eleventh Place)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In investigating further the State says that it is a Westinghouse Elevator. I do see that the hydraulics are labeled Westinghouse but I was going by the sticker on the front panel that says Dover. I'm the owner of the building and not familiar with most of this. What is the "crosshead data tag" and where is it located? I have pictures of every tag on the elevator motor and controls in the elevator room.
Thanks,
Bill



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The crosshead datatag is not accessible to you but it sounds like it’s a Dover Mod of an old Westinghouse. Your elevator maintenance company should be able to tell you what kind of controller it is.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top