Elevator Forum

Canton Hydro Vibrat...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Canton Hydro Vibration

22 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
29.3 K Views
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
....I had a unit that did the same thing after we changed packing tried adjust the valve the problem was in the tank unit after the pump and motor assembly was changed out..no more vibration...rides smooth..



   
ReplyQuote
(@CBass)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I see you have a dry pump on this installation. It may seem like a simple thing but I've seen belts that are not tight enough feel like vibration in the car. The belts skip at a high rate and cause the pump to pulse. Did you confirm the belts are nice and tight?

S



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
And they have to be tighter then Banjo strings.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DennisPEC)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey everyone,

Quick update: We were approved to install the second muffler, it's the air up kind this time. Fingers crossed.

*(image not available in this archive)*



   
ReplyQuote
(@CBass)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi Dennis,

I don't know if you've worked with those mufflers before, but it might be hard to get it up to pressure in the air bladder, most air compressors don't build enough pressure. If you have access to a tank of nitrogen it is the easiest way to do it.

S



   
ReplyQuote
(@DennisPEC)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by CBass
Hi Dennis,

I don't know if you've worked with those mufflers before, but it might be hard to get it up to pressure in the air bladder, most air compressors don't build enough pressure. If you have access to a tank of nitrogen it is the easiest way to do it.

S

I haven't, the guy who did said he filled it up to 150. He worked with them before so I take his word.

After a couple hours overtime we put the sucker in. We're gonna wait for the xpando to harden and run it tomorrow morning.

*(image not available in this archive)*



   
ReplyQuote
(@DennisPEC)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hello everybody,

The issue has been successfully resolved.

I thank all of you for helping us through this, you guys rock!

The muffler exceeded our expectations. It went from a loud and bumpy ride, to the smoothest and quietest elevator I've been on.

It's a shame we won't ever know the root of the problem, my money is on the line length, but your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks again
-Dennis



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top