Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis 211 Software

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,792 Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#24062]
Does anyone know of a way to backup, upload, or download software on a 211 Phase 3 with the integrated CPU/IOBD without Otis’ Tool? Like a special tool or comm port settings and commands?



   
Quote
(@workingclass)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pull the chips and copy them with an eeprom burner?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
There are not removable EEPROMs on the newer 211. The Baseline software and parameters are stored on surface mount FLASH. I have a manual on the procedure with Otis’ “Smart Service Tool” that accepts a memory card. I think now they use a dongle and their phones to manage the software.

To replace the IOBD, I have to get it fully programmed from Otis with the job # so no backups and no spare board on a job with 14 211s.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top