So, what DON'T you like about it?
Thanks!
The 2 am callbacks and watching the sun come up. I hate it when I see that fireball crest the horizon from a rooftop working on some damn elevator. (9 years)
Construction dept.
The freezing ass winters and the broiling hoist ways in the summer. (5 years)
Repair and mod. Dept.
only did that for six months got pushed to a route. So didn't stay long enough to find anything wrong. 🙂
Oh yeah and company bs but everybody has to put up with that.
Besides that I love this stuff. You learn something everyday. And just when you think you know something. A elevator tears up and whips your ass. So you have to learn even more.
Check back with me in 2043 and I'll let you know how the second 30 were...
If I still have teeth!
Dislike ALL the companies that send out brand new equipment with 0 to little literature on it. They all do it, they all suffer for it, we all hate it, and then they all do it again... It's like the big 4 all use the same test monkeys before releasing new stuff...
I pretty much agree with all of above. This business is not what it used to be any more, back when I was younger, we tried to fix everything, make our customers happy. But now , there are consultants, inspections, local fire dept, even some EMT personnel, everybody truly believe he/she knows this business inside out. not to mention some building manager/Super..... I do not have problem deal with anybody, just don't ask me those rather moronic questions. Such as "why don't you carry a generator in your car all the time, so you don't have to leave this unit down". made me want to stick my long nose plier right in his/her behind.
If I was able to live my life once again. other than try to be a millionaire, I'll take this job in a heart beat. As for now. I'm enjoying my retirement with my dog.
Good Luck and work safely.