http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYE4Qm0g30
I also noticed the so called elevator expert used only one jumper so the car could run with doors open. I checked out some MCE diagrams from the 1990s and it looks like it only takes one jumper to disable both locks and gate switch. I could be wrong.
Work Safe & Count Your Jumpers,
Jim
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/repairman_arraigned_in_christmas_CDe1OHwS5mi6vT9B0NQiHP
Mo mention of the company..
I believe there was 2 incidents this one was a year earlier. The later one about 6 weeks ago, I believe was Transel elevator company...(Local 1)..on Madison avenue..The lady passenger died..
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/15/gruesome-elevator-accidents-reveal-new-york-nightmare/
Meanwhile... It's hurry, hurry, hurry...Believe me..Slow the hell down. I've personally seen somebody involved in one of these accidents and their lives are never the same..
Like this one...
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/elevator.asp
Kone Local 31)
The story going around was a rewire of a 6850 traveling cable selector. A couple of wires got crossed. The car ran for a few days with no problems, but a sneak circuit showed up allowing the car to run with the doors open on an upside down call in a particular zone..
Slow the hell down...I couldn't imagine having this on my consious, just to save the company a couple of bucks, or to get off a few minutes early..
Be careful guys..
here is the latest regarding this accident
I don't mind the regulations, it's needed
just my view.
If we do it, it might be advantageous for managers, to go through a yearly recertification..
just my view.
Oh, I see, you mean re-testing. No, I don't think we need to go that far. Just yearly reviews, like we have in California. That's enough to keep existing mechanics thinking about safety, and up on the latest codes, etc.