I checked the first floors door lock and it seems fine. Cleaning the contacts and rebooting (power re-start) of the system does not change anything. The elevator will not go into "re-learn" mode so I can set the floors.
I have no idea what elevator or control board this is from - Can someone suggest where I can get a manual? My elevator company is not avialable for awhile so I am hoping to debug.
You are not trained
People can die.
You are not trained
People can die.
No one is going to die. I am just trying to understand what the likely culprit is from the experts on this forum. I am very technical.
The installation company (not available) gave me instructions years ago on how to reset the elevator if it loses its "floor" memory. I followed the instructions and the elevator doesn't respond.
Power is on, lights in the cab are working. I am not going to "do anything".
Based on the link - can someone at least tell me what brand/ model I have?
If your elevator company is “not available for a while” (?), I’d suggest calling another. Preferably a licensed elevator/conveyance contractor.
If you don’t even know what controller you’re working on, I’d say this is best left to someone who knows what they are doing
Thanks - I see it is Conquest 15152 control board.
I am waiting on a service visit. Hopefully they can fix this.
The elevator technician finally arrived today and the problem was a broken O-ring which surrounds a metal counting wheel. The rubber portion rides along a guide rail turning the wheel. He replaced the entire wheel/O-ring with a new solid rubberized wheel (no O-ring) and the elevator was running again.
When the O-ring broke, the elevator lost floor count (two floors) and stopped at the upper limit. The tech manually dropped the elevator by bypassing that switch and then put the elevator into 'learn' mode with new wheel in place. He reconnected the by-passed switch and the elevator is running.
A new problem, however, is that the door lock clicks lock and unlock every 5 minutes or so and the cab light pops on. It does this on both floors. I have no idea what is causing this, but the elevator does work. To stop the door lock/unlock clicking sound and the lights staying on, I have to kill power to the elevator.
The technician replaced the o-ring with the 'red' polyurethane roller you described above. The elevator I believe is traction. It has steel cables connected to counterweights. Very slim design. I wonder if I can get schematics from Garaventa?
Once the technician disabled/bypassed the upper limit switch, he was able to lower the cab to be level with the second floor. From there, he re-connected the UL switch and put the unit into learn mode which was successful. The elevator would then operate normally up and down. Leaving the elevator at the second floor however, about an hour later, on its own, it moved up a few inches, showed "3" on the display and locked out (upper limit switch hit). I can't fathom why it would do this.
Is this a control board problem likely (electronic) or a mechanical problem (brake or locking mechanism)?
I am asking because this elevator (Garaventa bought Conquest) is not sold anymore and circuit boards may be impossible to get. I'm hoping I have a mechanical issue that can be fixed easily by any technician.
Good luck sir.
"Drifting up" is very serious. One a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put it somewhere between 9 and 10. Call a qualified technician to fix this problem immediately. Don't let your wife or kids near that elevator. If I was called to look at an elevator with the symptoms you describe, I wouldn't ride it myself until the problem was resolved.
As this is a Conquest traction elevator which was bought by Garaventa, no one seems to know where to get info (including Garaventa) (i.e. schematics, etc.) let alone parts. I am waiting on Garaventa to call me back with recommendations.
At this stage, I am just curious what "locks" an elevator in place once it reaches a floor. When the elevator is on the first floor, every 15 minutes or so, you can hear the motor run for a split second and then the door unlocks (lights come on). After a few minutes the lights go out (looking through the peephole). 15 or so minutes later, same thing occurs again. What I am surmising (door is closed and I can't see) is the cab is moving slowly upward losing the "floor" and the electronics detects this and moves the elevator back in position triggering the door lock and lights. I'm just guessing on this. When I was in the elevator during the re-learn process, the elevator never moves once it reached the floor. Maybe my own weight and the tech was enough to keep it in place. On the second floor, movement upwards would run into the upper limit switch locking the whole system out. And so now I wait again for a tech.
Strange behavior.
You seem a pretty observant person, and those observations most likely declare what the issue is. I don’t believe, although I could be wrong, and I know you’re curious...anyone here is going to tell you directly what they believe the issue most likely is, let alone the “how’s” to fix the “why’s.
You’ll most likely learn a bit more when the tech come out again.
Oh- very daring of you to be in the cabin during the “learn run” process! If you have a moment, read the discussion titled, “Discuss Close Call” and you’ll quickly understand just how dangerous our trade can be. Riding in the cab during a “learn run”? I would not recommend it.